Directs and has oversight of the Office of Student Services in the
College of Optometry. The Office of Student Services supports
activities related to student recruitment, admissions, academic
affairs, financial services, course enrollment/registration, and
- Administers and implements academic support for professional
- Develops strategies and directs service activities to assist
students, including counseling and scholarship advice, customer
support and assistance for financial aid.
- Oversees activities related to the coordination and support of
professional program student recruitment and admissions.
- Manages professional student courses to ensure student support
and academic success.
- Generates and prepares professional program performance and
- Serves as a resource to the Dean, associate deans, and acts as
liaison to university as well as to external units.
- Serves as an ad hoc member of the College's Academic Committee
and acts as an ombudsman assisting students with academic
- Serves on a variety of committees within the college, as well
- Provides supervision for the office staff.
- Implements new programs and projects, and monitors ongoing
activities of department. Performs other job related duties as
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of
directly job-related professional experience.