Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, processes
prescription drug orders, assists customers with over-the-counter
purchases, provides customer service to patients, and assists in
clerical and administrative functions for the pharmacy
- Process Prescription drugs orders under the direct supervision
of a registered pharmacist verifying all necessary information is
complete and accurate.
- Operates, runs and reconciles reports for Point-of-Sale system
for inventory and accounting purposes to include price and item
updates, payment type reports, check and security deposit
procedures and daily reconciliations.
- Perform pharmacy operation with third party and department
billing, report generation, claims processing, resolutions and
- Apply clinical and technical knowledge to assist and perform
tasks for quality checks and compliance.
- Assist in collaboration with health center staff and other
departments for pharmacy related task and information.
- Participate in the creating policies and procedures for
- Maintains inventory including ordering, receives and stores
supplies, verifies quantities against invoices, checks for outdated
medications, processes returns and expired medications, and tracks
- May assist in administrative functions for the department as
directed by the pharmacist.
- Perform other job related duties as needed.
Additional Job Posting Information:
-Must be certified and registered with the State of Texas.
-Department willing to accept education in lieu of
High school and 3 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly