Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is
dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains
talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each
of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the
mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse
and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for
global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50
years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the
city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an HVAC
MECHANIC (TECHNICAL CRAFT SPECIALIST A)
position. The HVAC
Mechanic (Technical Craft Specialist A) maintains College HVAC
systems and performs specific functions on a paraprofessional
level. The HVAC Mechanic exhibits knowledge and skills appropriate
to the tasks of the assignment, exercises good judgment, and
maintains a professional manner.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum two (2) years vocational or trade school training
• Five (5) years of professional work experience maintaining HVAC
• Valid City of Philadelphia Engineer's Grade "A" Operators License
• Valid CFC certification required.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, required.