Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Security
position. Under the supervision and in accordance
with the policies of the Community College of Philadelphia,
Security Specialist B is responsible for maintaining campus
security and safety. Primary responsibilities involve performing
routine security checks, recording observations on conditions
within buildings or assigned work areas, reporting any unusual
occurrences, property damage, or rule violations.
The primary work location for this position is the College's main
campus. Re-assignment to any of the College's Philadelphia campus
locations may be needed based on staffing needs. Normal working
hours are Sunday through Thursday, 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
- High school diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED) is
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in security-related work
- Ability to travel between the College's regional campus
locations for work assignments required.
- Ability to work extended hours and various shifts, as needed,
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are
- Basic computer proficiency is required.
- Certification in CPR and first aid required, or must be
obtained during probationary period.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for
a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and
staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic
backgrounds is required.
- Associate's degree in Criminal Justice or related field
preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited
institution of higher learning.
- Experience operating radio, fire and safety systems
- Valid driver's license preferred.