Digital Marketing Specialist
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The Digital Marketing Specialist will support digital communication
and marketing strategies for student recruitment at Willamette
University across all schools and colleges. This position works
with and reports to the Assistant Vice President for Admissions
Marketing to execute the implementation of a robust communication
and marketing plan in support of long-term university branding and
year-over-year enrollment goal attainment for all schools and
colleges. This position will oversee the university's online ads
and enrollment-related communications. The Digital Marketing
Specialist will be part of a larger team that leads efforts to
attract highly qualified prospective students to meet enrollment
targets for degree programs. The successful candidate will be
detail-oriented and data driven.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Admissions teams to launch and
optimize digital ads, email, and text campaigns for segmented
populations that drive requests for information, promote events,
encourage campus visits, and build affinity.
- Regularly analyze performance metrics and make adjustments to
campaigns that optimize performance, including A/B
- Track, report, and fix deliverability issues.
- Using Willamette's CRM, Slate, execute personal, unique,
timely, variable, and segmented campaigns to prospective
- Coordinate third-party digital ad vendors including ad budgets,
A/B testing, ad creatives, keyword research, setting up audiences,
and optimizing for conversions and KPIs.
- Coordinate a multi-channel communication calendar.
- Ensure design and copy conforms to campus brand
- Develop and maintain expertise in all Slate communication
- Launch digital ads through platforms such as Facebook Ads
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to three years of relevant experience, such as working in
marketing, admissions, or related field.
- Experience with communication and marketing campaign
- Skill in writing queries and reports.
- Ability to handle all activities and highly confidential
information with patience, discretion, tact, and a keen eye for
detail, while working with people from a wide variety of
- Ability to work independently or as part of a project team, to
complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and
- Must have a strong appreciation for diversity and enthusiasm
for working with diverse populations.
Typical Work Schedule
- Experience and knowledge of Slate, or other CRMs or student
- Working knowledge of communication and marketing best
practices; possessing an understanding of digital strategy and
current CRM trends.
- Experience in higher education enrollment marketing.
- Google Analytics experience.
- Knowledge of Retargeting/Remarketing, Display, PPC and Video
- Knowledge of SEO, online search mediums and social media and an
understanding of how all of these channels work together with
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Typical work performed indoors in a normal office
Large percentage of time spent looking at a computer screen or in
Salary Range: $47,000 - $52,000
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received
until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your
application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Digital-Marketing-Specialist_R0003705-1
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume