Intermediate Research Analyst - Institutional Research
: Staff - Full-Time
Under the direction of the Institutional Research leadership team,
this role researches information to support the planning,
measurement, and evaluation of the university's mission and goals
and the communities it serves. Helps develop research methodology
designed to guide decision-makers to solve problems and address
issues. Maintains information and reports and communicates findings
relevant to the process of solving specified problems.
Institutional Research (IR) is organized into two teams: (1)
Assessment Support, Analysis, and Survey Research and (2) Data
Management, Analysis, and Reporting. Although general skill sets
needed for each role are similar, specific skills may be emphasized
depending on the vacancy being filled. UVU offers an excellent
benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid
holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and
AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for
employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s degree
in a related field such as Administration (Educational, Public, or
Business), Behavioral Science, Research/Evaluation, Information
*Familiarity with survey research and methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge and use of computer systems and software such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, as well as SPSS, Tableau, and
Qualtrics, or similar tools.
* Understanding of relational databases and structured query
* Familiarity with operational data stores/warehouse, meta-data,
and data dictionaries.
* Knowledge of research/assessment design in social science,
including questionnaire design, survey methodology, and qualitative
methods (interview/focus groups).
* Skills in verbal and written communication, both in formal and
informal contexts. Skills in the effective visualization of
* Attention to detail and clarity.
* Ability to communicate complex research designs and findings in
simple, compelling, and actionable terms to decision-makers using
business intelligence principles.
* Ability to present self as professional, competent, and
* Ability to lead a project from inception through the design,
implementation, and extraction/collection of data, to the creation
of the final report, summaries, and presentation(s).
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
* Sophisticated understanding of descriptive and inferential
* Ability to communicate statistical principles to lay
* Familiarity with more advanced statistical techniques
(regression, factor analysis, etc..)
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of higher education and
institutional research, including current issues, trends, research,
and best practices.
* Ability to contribute to professional associates and best
* Commitment to championing data-informed decision-making,
practice, and professional development.
* Possesses principles dedication to issues of privacy and
compliance (including FERPA, HIPPA, etc.)
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Master’s degree in
a related field and at least three years of experience in
Institutional Research. Related degrees might include
Administration (Educational, Public, or Business), Behavioral
Science, Research/Evaluation, Information Systems, etc.
Usual requirements of a desk job: sitting for long periods of time,
looking at a computer screen, typing, walking to meetings, talking
to others, etc.
Some travel; current driver’s license required.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous
leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$42,573 - $53,217
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23655
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.