University of Idaho
$17.45 per hour or higher depending on education
Under the direction of the interior Shop Supervisor and
Roofer/Masonry Lead, this position will work within a team
environment performing specialized duties in support of
These duties generally involve the exterior environments of the
buildings on campus. The duties may include the maintenance and/or
repair of roofs and masonry. The work requires the operation of a
variety of equipment. Duties also involve working with other trade
This is an essential position that will be called during
emergencies and/or University closure.
- Using and maintaining tools, equipment and materials associated
with carpentry/roofing; and reading and interpreting blueprints and
- Combination of education and work experience totaling three (3)
years directly related to roofing.
- Experience with roofing technology and materials including: flat
seam metal, raised metal, asphalt shingle, single ply membrane,
built up roofs, as well as experience in exterior masonry repairs
- Experience with building techniques involved with new and remodel
construction as well as technical practices associated with
- Experience following best practices for workplace safety while
using power tools, roofing equipment and materials in the
- Tile masonry work experience as it applies to roofs and
- Must have experience is assessing building codes and standards
for roof and masonry construction.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able
to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
- Must have experience communicating by email, phone, radio, and in
person with customers and teammates.
Computer use: Drafting programs, Word Processor, and Email.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to: lift, carry and/or otherwise move items
weighing approximately 90 pounds; bend, stoop, climb and work from
ladders; move from position to position and between work locations
continuously throughout the work shift; and work around dust and
fumes and in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by August 9, 2021 will receive priority
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative