Candidates must be flexible to meet the needs of the Center during
the weekday and evenings. The successful candidate will triage and
assess the health care needs of students, will assist the
physicians and nurse practitioner with evaluations and treatment of
students, and will provide health education. The candidate will
consult with physicians and other members of the health care team,
and will make referrals as needed. The staff nurse will assist in
several campus-wide health promotion initiatives, health education
programs, and research and quality improvement activities.
Our staff is diverse in many ways and we strive to mirror the
population we serve in the Rowan University community. Rowan serves
students in ways that support and affirm all of their identities.
We welcome candidates who will continue to expand our reach to
marginalized and under-represented students, including but not
limited to persons of color, international, first-generation,
veterans, those with disabilities, and LGBTQ. Our ideal candidate
possesses an understanding of intersectionality and how it impacts
the daily lives of students.
- Registration as a Professional Nurse in the State of New
- Current CPR-Healthcare provider level
- Must possess competencies in RN clinical skills, health
promotion education, critical thinking, interpersonal skills,
multicultural care, leadership and a commitment to ongoing
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
- College health experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- This is a regular, part-time position of 24 hours per
- Candidates must be flexible to meet the needs of the Center
during weekdays and evenings.
Please note that this position is subject to the NJ First Act,
requiring public employees to establish residency in the State of
New Jersey. See N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70) for further
- Range P20 ($31,994-$36,410)
- Salary is prorated based on the 24-hour work week