Thursday, August 12, 2021
Salary is $60,926.22. Compensation package is comprised of many
college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Technical/Professional, Pay Grade PT8, Exempt.
Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32606
OVERVIEW: Santa Fe College (SF)
has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in
the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public
college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in
Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree
options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe
College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open
access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A
high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the
University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful
recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal
community to work and live.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager is an experienced tradesman
that manages a team of HVAC Mechanics, Electricians, Plumbers,
Locksmiths and Carpenters to maintain and improve the quality of
the Santa Fe College Facilities. This position provides technical
guidance and management regarding the inspection, installation,
maintenance, repair, and modification of all building related
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Manage building maintenance staff including recommendation for
hire/termination, evaluation, coaching, discipline and verification
of employee timesheets for accuracy; approve and submit This
includes all trades, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and
- Manage operational accounts for building maintenance
functions as required and assist in development of operating
and capital budgets.
- Respond to customer generated work requests; prioritize,
schedule, and assign work to staff, manage work order data in a
computerized work management tracking system.
- Ensure that all maintenance repairs and construction are
completed adhering to Florida Building Code, Florida Mechanical
Code, Florida Plumbing Code, NEC, ADAAA and other applicable codes
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal
regulations as related to building operations.
- Participate in pre-construction plan reviews and in the
inspection of all new construction and renovation projects.
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics, blueprints, and
various wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work on aerial lifts, elevated work platforms of up
to 65 feet and in confined spaces.
- Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance
programs on an on-going basis.
- Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation,
equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns including
elevator outages and fire alarm concerns, makes assessments and
coordinates with vendor and Police Department.
- Coordinate fire extinguisher and fume hood inspections at all
campus locations; coordinate related inventory with Central
Receiving and College Safety Coordinator.
- Use tools, meters, and testing equipment to troubleshoot and
solve complex problems in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Coordinate medium voltage repairs with appropriate utility
- Identify energy conservation projects and assist in the
planning and implementation.
- Champion the continuous development, improvement, and training
for maximum utilization of the energy management system.
- Develop and maintain effective building-specific
maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors,
maintenance staff, and building tenants.
- Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety,
energy management system, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical
issues; must remain current with latest HVAC industry technology
- Coordinate inventory control programs and the purchasing of
parts and supplies with the Central Stores Clerk.
- Develop specifications and manage maintenance and
repair service contracts on specialized equipment (i.e., chiller,
boilers, EMS system, etc.).
- Practice proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with
applicable standards and specifications; enforce safety regulations
to ensure compliance in providing a safe environment for staff,
faculty, contractors, visitors, and students.
- Required to be on call to respond to campus emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Facilities Operations
Required Qualifications: A
local or state certificate of competency in electrical or HVAC
trade or Associate’s degree or Higher or a technical certificate
relative to scope of work and at least 6 years of related work
experience in a commercial or education facility with a large
mechanical plant (i.e., chiller/boiler plant). At least 5 years of
experience in a related supervisory role.
Additional Requirements: Ability to work on
aerial lifts, elevated work platforms of up to 65 feet and in
confined spaces. Applicant must have a valid Florida Driver’s
License and be authorized to drive by the college (Driving
Requirements). A criminal background check will be
Knowledge, Skills and
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation and Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization and Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve
goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level
of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
- Systems and Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial,
high energy, driven, hands-on leader.
Application Process: All applicants must submit
a completed online SF
Employment Application, a letter of intent, unofficial
transcripts, certifications (if applicable), as well as an
up-to-date resume to be considered for this position. College
transcripts should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications.
If you do not have college transcripts, a high school diploma or
equivalent must be uploaded as unofficial transcripts. Official
transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when
academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum
qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are only
accepted for review purposes.