Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving
more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit
programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse
community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations
represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our
mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student
success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for
all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff
are integral to our continued success.
Part-time Faculty WDCE ESOL Instructor
Job Description Summary
The Montgomery College Adult ESOL & Basic Skills for College
and Careers (AEBSCC) department is currently accepting applications
for a part-time ESOL faculty member. The Employment Advancement
Right Now (
EARN) Early Childhood Education (ECE)
grant-funded program provides eligible participants with the
training required for the nationally-recognized Child Development
Associate® (CDA) credential. Under direction of the project
director, the ESOL faculty member provides instruction to English
language learners seeking to improve their English reading,
writing, listening, and speaking skills. The ESOL faculty member
will provide instruction four evenings a week in the content and
ESOL classroom, while ECE classes are in session for the FY22
academic year with possibility of extension pending funding.
Instruction is expected to be remote/online for the foreseeable
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a
high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our
students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in
an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning & Instruction
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that align with the curriculum
and state standards.
- Provide scaffolded, explicit instruction, practice, and
assessment in reading, writing, speaking, and listening that
promote student learning.
- Provide co-instruction and collaborate with an Early Childhood
Education Instructor in the delivery of instruction.
- Share information and resources with students in need of
financial, academic, and personal assistance.
- Assist students in the completion of required forms for
enrollment and verification of employment.
- Maintain records of student attendance and academic
- Work closely with the Project Director, Intake and Assessment
Specialist, and Job Developer to encourage student retention, goal
attainment, and transition to the workforce.
- Works with project director to meet grant outcomes, including
delivery of instruction, assessment, and other metrics, as
established by state funding sources.
- Monitor email/app communications from students, EARN ECE staff,
and the college and respond in a timely manner, as
- Meet all deadlines for lesson plans, attendance reports, and/or
other administrative documentation as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by attending staff development trainings, workshops, and
- BA/BS in TESOL, linguistics, education, foreign language,
English or related field with ESL teaching experience.
- Certificates from an acknowledged ESL training program also
considered (BA/BS required).
- Experience teaching ESOL for a minimum of two years.
- Demonstrated experience teaching ESOL using a variety of
delivery methods, online resources and technology applications
across the curriculum.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Master’s degree or higher in TESOL, linguistics or related
- Experience co-teaching or team-teaching.
- Experience with content-based instruction.
- Teaching experience using industry-driven curriculum.
- Teaching experience in Adult or Vocational ESOL.
- Remote/online instruction experience preferred.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by August 4, 2021.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org at least
two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to
promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its
student body, faculty, and staff.
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or
send an email to: email@example.com
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student
body, faculty, and staff.