Participates in a team oriented working environment through all
phases of the recruitment and selection process — travel,
application review, information sessions and interviewing —and
communicates with prospective students, families, counselors, and
alumni in an assigned geographic territory. The position includes a
full share of travel by various modes of transportation in a
variety of locations.
The position will have the following responsibilities and
- Accountable for serving as both a regional manager and a
mid/senior level manager.
- Accountable for efficiently using research/data/trends to
implement a print and electronic communication strategy in
collaboration with the Office of Communications across multiple
- Accountable for sharing the Colgate message with prospective
students in line with Colgate standards.
- Responsible for effective work with the Office of
Communications as well as on-campus partners and third party
- Responsible for all aspects of prospective student search.
- Responsible for supervision and work quality of admission
officers as assigned.
- Responsible for working with the International Coordinator and
Multicultural Coordinator to ensure message is appropriate for all
- Responsible for management of the overall admission
- Accountable for familiarity with and compliance to NCAA
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of
students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a daily basis.
- Must maintain a familiarity with all applicable NCAA rules and
will be responsible for compliance with those rules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high
comfort level with public speaking before large groups required,
and an ability to effectively engage audiences through dynamic oral
presentations is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of the liberal arts and ability to
communicate the value of a liberal arts education to students and
other outside constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information
pertaining to application review and other admission
- Passport eligibility is required.
- Must be able to travel 4-5 weeks annually.
- Volunteer or employment experience in selective admissions
preferred, as is prior experience working with diverse student
- Experience with an admission CRM, such as Slate, is
- Background in social media, as well as electronic communication
campaign creation and management preferred.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Master’s degree is preferred.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking,
familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from
historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with
disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.