TUTOR - SCIENCE CENTER (PHYSICS) - PART-TIME
The Science Center at Truman is a study space designed to help
students thrive academically in biology, chemistry, physics and
other sciences. Tutors assist tutees in developing and improving
their competency in course work; and help students integrate and
apply effective study skills, note-taking, test-taking strategies,
and time management and organizational skills to their specific
courses. Tutors work with students in various programs across the
colleges, providing individual and small group tutoring in science.
Tutors also work inside the classroom as embedded tutors. This
position is funded by Title V Grant.
- Provide academic assistance and tutoring to students on an
- Tutor students to help them gain a deeper comprehension of
course materials and a better understanding of work assignments to
improve their academic success.
- Craft effective tutoring plans to address tutee’s weaknesses
and strengths; motivates students and provides them with confidence
to feel successful.
- Provide students with learning strategies including ways to
improve study skills and retention, how to organize work, effective
use of time, and how to build better study habits.
- Make and create instructional materials and/or workshops.
- Plan workshops for students and staff.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or
university in Physics or related field.
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic
support to students at the post-secondary instructional level is
- Experience working in a large, urban community college
environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,