Bard College, a liberal arts college on the Hudson River, is a
private institution working in the public interest.
Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/91287
Responsible for the administration, maintenance, and overall
operation of the Bertelsmann Campus Center, student engagement.
Provides support and assistance to individual students, clubs. and
student government representatives with a variety of initiatives,
events, and programs throughout the year. Coordinates leadership
development initiatives and student leader training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative and Supervisory Responsibilities
Student and Campus Activity Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, vision, and long-term strategic planning
to the Office of Student Activities.
- Responsible for Campus Center, Student Activities, and
Leadership budgets of $250,000+ per year.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Student Activities and the
Coordinator for Clubs and Student Activities, and Campus Center
- Participate in backup on-duty rotation to assist with campus
- Collaborate with other Dean of Student Affairs (DOSA) offices
on larger DOSA projects and sub-committees.
- Serve as a co-adviser for the Student Government association
with the Dean of Students.
Student Club and Fiscal Management
- Oversee the creation of a programming schedule of
substance-free campus events, including during L&T and Citizen
- Oversee the club spending process facilitated by the Student
- Communicate all registered events with security, the on-duty
staff, and other appropriate offices.
- Advise Student Activities Board to ensure extended alcohol-free
alternative late-night events on campus .
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and logistics of
leadership programming for student leaders.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Student Gov’t
retreats and trainings.
- Advise and help plan/facilitate Spring Fling Planning Committee
focused on the entertainment schedule for weekend-long celebration
and community building events.
- Chair the Spring Fling safety & security committee to bring
student groups together to collaborate on providing and enhancing
safety, security, and wellness programming leading up to and during
Spring Fling weekend.
- Serve as member of Bard Houses advisory board; provide support
for Bard Houses program and events.
- Participate in and chair campus wide committees.
- Assist in providing advisor support to all (~170) student
- Train student event hosts for events and art shows with
- Support the programming and mission of Gilson Place, Smog, and
- Develop, coordinate, and support programming and services that
uniquely target the needs of students of color at a Predominately
White Institution (PWI). Assist affinity groups in promoting
awareness of multicultural issues among faculty, staff and students
by conducting in-service/diversity training activities with the
peer counselors, first-year students, student leaders, student
services staff, academic affairs staff and faculty.
- Manage the campus wide student engagement application, Involvio
(the Bard app). Responsible for ensuring events are adequately
advertised on the app.
Campus Center Facility Maintenance
- Coordinate Budget Allocation processes each semester including
Budget Review and Budget Forum. Send final opening balances to the
- Supervise and work closely with student directors of the
Student Resource Group (SRG).
- Oversee the Charter Club Review Committee, which approves
applications and allocates budgets to all charter clubs and
organizations through the Priority Fund during the Spring
- Responsible for Club Head Day, and Constitution and Bylaws
updates each semester.
- Create and maintain Student Government’s ledger and Stimulus
Fund/Transfer Request Forms each semester.
- Oversee the weekly process for Student Club check requests,
student payment requests and purchase orders; would include weekly
review of paperwork, inputting account numbers, communication with
student government treasurer, communication with Controller’s
Office, sorting weekly checks, etc.
- Responsible for the daily and overall physical maintenance and
custodial condition of 30,000 square foot Campus Center
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all audio/visual
equipment for building, totaling over $150,000
- Work directly with college vending representative regarding
video game equipment, food, and beverage vending
- Maintain close working relationship with summer graduate
programs, Bard Music Festival staff, MFA Program, MAT program, and
Language & Thinking Program regarding space and technical needs
in the Campus Center
- Graduate level degree in Higher Education
- Student Personnel Administration or related
- 5-7 years of previous professional experience in student
activities/facility maintenance preferred.
- Commitment to student advocacy and support and an interest in
daily interaction with a variety of creative and independent
students is a must.
- Flexibility for non-traditional hours as needed.
- Experience with AV equipment is a plus.
- Must be willing to assist with set-up and/or break down of
technical/mechanical equipment and/or tables and chairs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in
standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
Please submit a cover letter, resume, a diversity statement and the
contact information for three references to: http://apply.interfolio.com/91287
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and
reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment
practices, services, programs, and activities.