The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs serves as the
chief academic officer of the University. The Provost is
responsible for maintaining the academic integrity of the
university and ensures that all policies and procedures related to
Academic Affairs of federal, state, University of Louisiana System,
and the Board of Regents, as well as NCAA and Sun Belt conference
rules are carefully followed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the proper functioning of the University Colleges and
Graduate School, Honors Program and the operations of the Office of
- Establishes all academic policies, oversees reviews of all
academic units, leads and implements strategic planning for
academic affairs, including a comprehensive academic master
- Coordinates with the President and other Vice Presidents to
develop the University’s annual operating and capital outlay
budgets for submission to the University of Louisiana System, Board
of Regents, and the Louisiana Legislature.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of all academic programs,
including program and accreditation reviews, annual reports for new
degree programs to supervisory boards, and curriculum
- Evaluates the performance of all tenure and promotion
candidates, ensuring tenure and promotion decisions are based on
- Manages budgets and allocates funds appropriately to meet the
needs of academic, co-curricular, and support units within Academic
- Enforces the policies and rules of the University, the
University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors, and the
Louisiana Board of Regents.
- Adjudicates policies and procedures of the Faculty
- Oversees the Associate Vice President who facilitates and
coordinates all reaffirmation efforts as mandated by the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on
- Provides guidance for all programmatic accreditations,
connecting all accreditation efforts to the University’s mission
and strategic plan.
- Encourages and supports excellence in teaching,
research/professional activity, and service.
- Maintains strong, healthy community, public, and legislative
relations for the benefit of the University.
- Assists with University development activities, including
public and private fund raising.
- Works closely with the University of Louisiana System and the
Louisiana Board of Regents on System and University
- Creates and maintains a positive climate within all academic
units and supports effective communication and interaction among
- Supports close working relationships with community and
technical colleges, particularly Delta Community College, as well
as other Louisiana school systems.
- Represents the University in speaking engagements and public
appearances both on and off campus.
- Represents the University on the Council of Vice Presidents of
Academic Affairs advising University of Louisiana System Board of
Supervisors and the System staff.
- Represents the University in a leadership capacity for
community organizations and activities;
- Performs the responsibilities of the President if he/she is
unable; and may perform any other job-related duties as assigned by