The University of Colorado Libraries
for a Norlin Circulation Evening & Weekend Coordinator
This position provides user-centered customer service and
assistance at a variety of in-person service points in Norlin
Library as well as virtual services. This position works closely
with other services partners to ensure consistent service and
collaborates to improve practices as needed. This position
supervises the Norlin services points during evening and weekend
operational hours and oversees student employees during that
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We are a knowledge catalyst. We fuel inquiry, discovery,
collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We
welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational
An information-empowered world.
Our values define our interactions within the Libraries and radiate
outwardly. This means that we develop a culture that
compassionately and authentically embodies our values in all
aspects of our work.
We affirm diversity and inclusive excellence to be vitally integral
to the Libraries’ mission and vision. We strive to model this in
recruitment and retention, building collections, and offering
services and spaces to develop a receptive social, intellectual,
and physical environment for all. Learn more about our
commitment to diversity and inclusivity
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Provide User-Centered Customer Service
Collaborate with Other Section and Team Members and other
- Staffs in-person service points in Norlin library.
- Staffs Libraries-wide virtual services including chat and
- General patron services - circulation, printing, scanning,
research assistance, materials access, (using stacks, microform
machines, etc.), and appropriate referrals.
- Patron account assistance - fines, replacements, discrepancies,
- Able to assist with other library services and routine patron
account needs (study rooms, reserves, etc.).
Supervise Norlin Service Points and Oversee Student Employees
During Weekend and Evening Operational Hours
- Monitor and evaluate current services, procedures, practices,
and documentation for improvements.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations when necessary.
- Works closely with Libraries Security by providing support for
security for library facilities.
- Stays up to date with any changes.
What You Should Know
- Work on-site during weekend and evening operational hours.
- Works closely with other weekend and evening service point
supervisors to ensure successful scheduling and collaboration.
- Coordinate and maintain in-person desk.
- Provide supervision of student personnel during weekend and
evening operational hours at Norlin.
- Train student personnel in circulation procedures and policies
- Works closely with Norlin circulation student supervisor to
provide feedback on students and training needs.
- Work closely with Libraries Security as main services contact
on weekends and evenings.
Shifts for this full-time position will include Saturday days and
evenings Sunday through Tuesday during the academic year. The final
hours are flexible, with the possibility of one day being remote.
Hours may vary during summer, intersessions, and holidays,
depending on hours of library operation.
Evening shifts may qualify for shift-differential pay.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $34,000 to $36,000
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Engaged. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- One year of experience in an occupational field related to the
work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will
substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to advocate and cultivate an environment of diversity,
inclusion, and respect.
- Excellent communication skills.
Experience using the circulation module of an integrated library
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the
position was full-time or part-time.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points
within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would
like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for
preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this
posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy
to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and
reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of
degree or transcripts.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 10, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: