Ticket Sales Representative (three positions)
Commensurate with Experience
Standard University business hours
8:30am – 5:00pm (academic year)
8:00am – 4:30pm (summer)
Hours may vary based on operational needs.
Unionized Position Code
Serve as a full time sales staff for Athletics, focused on revenue
generation and customer service.
- Experienced sales or marketing personalities that can engage
customers with focus on relationship building
- Cultivate relationships to sell all Syracuse Athletics Ticketed
Sports: Football, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball and
- Handle all sale types including: renewals, new sales, group sales
and premium sales with a focus on season tickets, partial plans and
- Maintain account base and engage in retention and growth of
- Working ability with CRM components
- Ability to identify opportunities in key revenue areas including
Fundraising (Orange Club), Parking, IMG College Seat Backs and
other ticket related initiatives
- Ability to work in Archtics or similar ticket sales
- Effective daily management of inbound and outbound sales
- Make over 60 outbound phone calls per day
- Engage in community events & Face to face selling.
We are hiring for three positions under this posting.
• Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in the
field of communications, marketing, sales or sports
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in marketing,
sales, or customer service.
• Experience in a goal oriented work setting with demonstrated
success hitting specific, measurable, goals on a timely basis.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Experience meeting and exceeding sales or project management
• Ability to work at all assigned home athletic ticketed
• Experience working with TicketMaster Archtics ticketing system
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills as it pertains to internal and
• Genuine appreciation of attending live sporting events .
• Strong appreciation for the Syracuse Athletics brand.
• Data analytics skills a plus.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills a plus. (Excel, PowerPoint,
• Must be able to work effectively as an individual and as part of
• Must enjoy and have a genuine appreciation for the sales and
• Engage in community selling, including face-to-face sales in the
stadium or out-of-office and game days.
• Assigned time for creativity and innovation to further develop
the sales plan and marketing focus of Syracuse Athletics.
• Attend sales meetings; coordinate sales efforts with Orange Club,
Marketing, Ticket Operations and IMG Sports Marketing. Help manage
the sales and marketing initiatives for students developed through
Athletics and the Falk School.
In addition to completing an online application, please attach a
resume and cover letter.
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private, international research university
with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings and an
undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York
State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history,
Syracuse University offers a quintessential college
The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a
pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200
majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges;
nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than
a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student
population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more
information, please visit www.syracuse.edu.
About the Syracuse area
Syracuse is a medium-sized city situated in the geographic center
of New York State approximately 250 miles northwest of New York
City. The metro-area population totals approximately 500,000. The
area offers a low cost of living and provides many social,
cultural, and recreational options, including parks, museums,
festivals, professional regional theater, and premier shopping
venues. Syracuse and Central New York present a wide range of
seasonal recreation and attractions ranging from water skiing and
snow skiing, hiking in the Adirondacks, touring the historic sites,
visiting wineries along the Finger Lakes, and biking on trails
along the Erie Canal.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action
institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment
based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national
origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran
status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the
extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers
admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University
programs, services, and activities.
Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans
Syracuse University has a long history of engaging veterans and the
military-connected community through its educational programs,
community outreach, and employment programs. After World War II,
Syracuse University welcomed more than 10,000 returning veterans to
our campus, and those veterans literally transformed Syracuse
University into the national research institution it is today. The
University’s contemporary commitment to veterans builds on this
historical legacy, and extends to both class-leading initiatives
focused on making an SU degree accessible and affordable to the
post-9/11 generation of veterans, and also programs designed to
position Syracuse University as the employer of choice for military
veterans, members of the Guard and Reserve, and military family
Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Community
Syracuse University maintains an inclusive learning environment in
which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The
University community recognizes and values the many similarities
and differences among individuals and groups. At Syracuse, we are
committed to preparing students to understand, live among,
appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world
made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds,
military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status,
cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender
identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community
that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and
Job Posting Date
Full Consideration By
Message to Applicants