Working within the University's Marketing and Communication area
(UMAC), this position is responsible for coordinating campus events
and large-scale special event requests for the community. This
position will correspond with event stakeholders to coordinate all
logistical details and serve as the primary point of contact during
the event. Helps maintain community partner relations through
serving on planning boards and committees for annual campus
partnership events. Work with the Director of University Events
&Promotions to organize high-level university events and
promotional opportunities for Dixie State University. The
individual hired should be proficient in decision-making, maintain
the ability to remain calm and flexible under pressure, and have
exceptional communication skills. Information about UMAC can be
found online at https://umac.dixie.edu/
- Coordinate venue for large-scale events held in Greater Zion
Stadium and Burns Arena. These events include but are not limited
to the Annual Fourth of July Celebration, Pioneer Legacy
Celebration, High School Graduations, High School State
Championships, the Kite Festival, and other special event venue
- Serve in customer service role by responding to phone, email,
and in-person contact with assigned community event
- Create and coordinate event logistical plans, including:
- Managing and fulfilling event contracts;
- Creating and communicating event budgets;
- Coordinate staffing plans and schedules;
- Coordinate venue set-up and take down;
- Coordinate with Event Services, Scheduling, Dining Services,
Public Safety, Facilities Management, and other required campus
entities to ensure physical space, safety needs, and event
requirements are met.
- Provide event follow-up, including producing invoices, event
evaluations, and gathering client feedback.
- Maintain internal and external relationships with clients,
staff, and community members for special events.
- Create opportunities to promote the university during public
and private events.
- Work with the Director of University Events and Promotions to
bring outside performers, acts, concerts, and revenue-generating
opportunities to Dixie State.
- Assist the event department in the planning of major university
events, including ribbon cuttings and dedications, groundbreakings,
ceremonial events, and major fundraisers.
- Coordinate some campus event requests, including academic
department events, special events, meetings, receptions, luncheons,
- Assist in the management and training of event interns.
- Serve on university and community boards and committees as
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Two years of event management experience required; higher
education experience preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays according
to event schedule.
- Strong knowledge of event planning and relationship management
- Ability to manage and reconcile budgets.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to maintain internal
and external relationships with clients, staff, and community
members for special events.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a
- Be solutions-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with clear and
concise communication skills.
professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of
$41,000 - $44,000, depending on qualifications & experience.
Desired start date of September 2021. Excellent benefits package
included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental,
vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life,
disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees
and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to
sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
August 11 , 2021 .
letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three
professional references electronically. If, because of a
disability, you need special services or facilities in order to
apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Dixie State University (DSU) is an
open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed
to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an
instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a
culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and
staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented
learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911
as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is
located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert
climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy
access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The
nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with
amenities such as an international airport and professional
sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of
higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230
programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU
are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs
and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State
University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination,
including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran,
or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or
any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel
Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org ,
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification form