Develop and implement a strategic young alumni
engagement plan. Responsible for the implementation and execution
of a multifaceted young alumni relations campaign, including
engagement opportunities, and annual giving fundraising program.
Advise the Students Today - Alumni Tomorrow program through student
and alumni engagement strategies that bridge the gap between
students and alumni.
- Liaise with numerous departments throughout campus to help
drive alumni engagement with a target audience of the last five
- Provides vision, leadership, and oversight to the Students
Today, Alumni Tomorrow (formerly Student Alumni Association)
leadership and its committees;
- Assists with the development and implementation of all student
programs that support the Universitys strategic plan;
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of
alumni, locally, regionally, and nationally; maintain regular
communication via direct contact, email, web pages, and print
- Develop and implements annual fundraising strategies. Manages
campaigns for multiple constituencies including alumni, employees,
and parents. Campaigns include, but are not limited to: direct
mail, employee campaign, #GivingTuesday, and others as needed.
- Supports the Mount St. Joseph University Alumni Board with the
Director of Alumni Engagement.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and confidentiality due to
the sensitive nature of the field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Oversees the alumni events co-op.
Works toward a previously defined objective with little supervision
and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work
referring unusual cases to the Director of Alumni Engagement.
Experience in an alumni office. Fundraising or related field is
preferred. Prior history of alumni relations and/or student
programming is ideal. Strong organizational and communication
(written and oral) skills are required. Proficient in the use of
technology. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of alumni
engagement fundraising. Demonstrated ability and commitment towards
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; nights and weekends as needed.
Some travel is required.
Extended amounts of time on the computer and long periods of time
- Exhibit a 'customer first' orientation in providing exceptional
service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating
versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and
expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel
students towards the realization of full educational potential (can
be personalized for position)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve
culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment
to liberal arts education (if applicable)
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to
achieve common office, department or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate
within the department and other areas of the university as
appropriate as required during high service demand times
Attention to Detail:
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful
rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff
co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies
maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a
sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email
and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming
initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its
implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple
concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer
contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact
information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer