Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Art - up to 6 positions to be
Commensurate with education and experience.
Interim Full Time
College of Arts & Media
Dept of Art
Assistant to the Chair
Sam Houston State University
Department of Art
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The Department of Art at Sam Houston State University invites
applications for 2 or 3 full or part time lecturers to serve as
adjunct faculty. We are seeking applicants with the ability to
teach one or more courses in Painting, Drawing, Advanced Studio
Art, Performance Art and Video, Art and Social Practice, and
Educational Requirements for the Position
MFA in a Fine Art discipline is required.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
Other Requirements for the Position
Evidence of ongoing creative practice.
Special Instructions Summary
Submit a cover letter, cv, a list of names and contact information
for three references, examples of personal/professional work and
examples of students’ work (if available) in pdf format. Please
include links for examples of personal and student interactive or
(Letters of recommendation and official transcripts will be
required of finalists)
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Media Presentation
- Reference Contact Information
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research & Goals
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3