To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next'
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Assistant Director of Development
Monday – Friday, 8:15 am to 4:30 pm; Varies depending on need; Some
travel, nights and weekends is required.
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching
its educational environment and culture through the diversity of
its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse
groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of
diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for prospect identification,
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for donors at NKU . This
position will manage the day to day fundraising for the priorities
as determined by the VP of University Advancement.
- Responsible for identifying, executing and providing strategic
direction to fulfill the priorities of the university. Activities
will include conducting high-level cultivation events, strategic
and operational planning for the fundraising program, stewardship,
volunteer engagement, and corresponding meetings and
- Identify, manage and personally solicit a portfolio of 75-100
donor prospects for gifts of $10k and above.
- Work closely with Deans, faculty, volunteers and other staff to
prioritize needs, define case for support, and present fundraising
- Write and deliver compelling major gift proposals and analyze
major gift program progress and performance.
- Advise the Deans on external and development activities and
important events and programs to attend; be a highly informed
advocate for the college inside and outside of campus. Assist and
advise the Deans on personal cultivation and solicitation of
- Develop an ongoing comprehensive strategy to raise $500,000
annually while adhering to agreed performance metrics.
- Document and maintain timely and quality records in the donor
database (Raiser’s Edge NXT ).
- Provides peer leadership, mentorship and coaching within the
team. As needed, provides training to staff within or outside of
immediate department or division in regard to function.
- Coordinate appointments and materials used by senior staff,
faculty, board members, and volunteers for meetings, visits,
events, or phone calls. Work with shared administrative staff to
ensure effective daily operations.
- Some weekend/evening work required. Other duties as
- Sales, grant writing, and/or higher education experience a
- Strong written communication skills to prepare and edit
effective correspondence, proposals, and persuasive solicitation
materials for individuals and groups.
- Organizational perspective, ability to work in a fast paced
environment, comfortable with change and associated ambiguity are
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful
relationships to deliver measurable results.
- High attention to detail, experience managing multi-phase
projects from inception to completion while building
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications is
required and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Ability to problem solve and generate creative solutions in
order to maintain and strengthen high quality relationships with
- Exceptional ethics and integrity, ability to be discrete and
- Must have passion for philanthropy, higher education, NKU, and
the community that it serves.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to
undergo a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application