Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
hiring an Events Support and Materials Management Staff person to
support the Facilities Management team. Embry-Riddle's Prescott
Campus is respected worldwide for cutting-edge instruction and
training for tomorrow’s aviation, aerospace, security and
intelligence leaders. Prescott is a mile-high city and its climate
reflects seasonable weather excellent for flying. Daytime averages
are 80°F in the summer and 45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above
sea level, it boasts a mild climate, clean air, pristine wilderness
areas, and nearby national forests. The university is a small,
private, residential university in the mountains of Arizona with
approximately 3,500 students. Staff/faculty/student interaction is
highly valued and is a central theme of our campus. It is located
100 miles north of Phoenix and 120 miles south of the Grand
The Events Support and Material Management person will support the
department mission; including shipping and receiving, package
pickup and delivery, material management warehouse operations,
campus furniture management, office/classroom moves, classroom
setup each semester, campus event setups as required, activities
support, and month-end activities.
- Develops, coordinates, establishes and executes a department
and resource schedule to ensure both materials management and
special event support services are performed in a way that ensures
availability to meet outside delivery vendor schedules along with
special events set ups and coordination while providing for the
service needs of their campus constituents necessary to maintain
quality standards and reliability with emphasis on safety.
- Schedule, plan and complete daily incoming work orders within 2
weeks including office moves, surplus storage and moves, asset
relocation, shredding pickup and various other department duties.
Work with plant on work orders involving both departments. Ensure
all assets including capital and federal grant assets are properly
tagged and recorded with the necessary numbers, and locations,
record the disposal, sale or donation of University assets.
- Coordinate with Material Management Clerk to (1) Process daily
incoming shipments including verifying and recording orders, scan,
sort, count, unpack, examine and verify information against bills
of lading, invoices, purchase orders and other records. (2) Notify
department and reject damaged items, record shortages and
coordinate with the Purchasing Department to rectify damages and
shortages. (3) Deliver all materials and products received at
University Central Receiving to University departments in a timely
manner. (4) Pickup outgoing shipments from departments, package for
shipping including weigh measure and determine method of shipping.
(5) Assist in University property control of assets including
capital and federal grant assets by tagging, record keeping, data
entry and property disposal.
- Operate forklift, pallet jack and hand truck to move, convey,
or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage
or work areas. Operate fleet vehicles to transport assets,
materials and products around campus and to flight.
- Operate computer for processing daily receiving and shipment
items; processing labels for outgoing shipments; researching
shipping & POs; receiving PO’s before delivering items;
processing work orders; preparing communication with faculty,
staff, delivery companies and suppliers/vendors; producing monthly
reports for Accounting and Budget offices.
- Assist with other duties as required including (but not limited
to) event setup and support, campus construction project support
and general campus logistical requirements.
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
- Read and comprehend instructions, write information, and
complete simple forms.
- High school (or GED) level ability in spelling, grammar, basic
composition, and math.
- 1 – 5 years of experience in a warehouse style shipping and
- Arizona Driver’s License and clean MVD driving record and the
ability to operate campus vehicles and equipment in a safe,
- Ability to use computer tablet to input work order service
details into the CMMS system.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook for email, Excel and
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds alone.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds with
- Must be able to remain awake and alert at all times.