Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
hiring an Admissions Specialist to support the Admissions and
Recruitment Department. Embry-Riddle's Prescott Campus is respected
worldwide for cutting-edge instruction and training for tomorrow’s
aviation, aerospace, security and intelligence leaders. Prescott is
a mile-high city and its climate reflects seasonable weather
excellent for flying. Daytime averages are 80°F in the summer and
45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above sea level, it boasts a mild
climate, clean air, pristine wilderness areas, and nearby national
forests. The university is a small, private, residential university
in the mountains of Arizona with approximately 3,500 students.
Staff/faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central
theme of our campus. It is located 100 miles north of Phoenix and
120 miles south of the Grand Canyon.
Under the direction of the Director of Admissions Operations, an
Admissions Specialist is responsible for processing applications
for admission to the University for both Graduate and Undergraduate
applicants. A Specialist will work in supporting the territory
managers to achieve the goals of the department.
This position’s responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Using Campus Solution along with the CRM to process
- Using the Imaging system including Workflow to track applicants
information such as application form, transcripts, test scores,
letter of recommendation and all other documents that are required
for an admission decision.
- Extensive applicants data entry in the student information
- Assisting with Admissions events including Open House, Preview
Day, and Orientation.
- Running Queries and reports to audit applicants information to
maintain data integrity.
- Communicate with other departments including Financial Aid,
Record and Registration, and others to provided the necessary
information to facilitate their matriculation in to the
- Researching the Imaging archive database for applicants’
documents submitted before the application form in order to speed
up the application process and reduce the time it takes to render
an admission decision.
- Process applicants for admission to the University using Campus
Solution, Oracle Imaging along with the CRM.
- Extensive applicants’ data entry in the student information
system and running.
- Queries/reports to audit applicants information to maintain
- Assist with Admissions events including Open House, Preview
Day, and Orientation.
- Research the Imaging archive database for applicants’ documents
submitted before the application form in order to speed up the
application process and reduce the time it takes to render an
- Make recommendation to process change to improve the
admissions’ operations efficiency.
- Process admissions mail and help with matching documents to
- Occasional supervision of Student assistants projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
- Formal diploma/certificate/degree program of 6-18 months after
- One to three years of work related experience.
- Supervisor experience managing technical team(s).
- Experience with Oracle Campus Solutions or student information
- Experience with project management.
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret High school transcripts from
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and strong computer
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of University staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with any student information system preferably
Oracle Campus Solutions.
- Experience with any type of document imaging and workflow
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.