Certified Medical Assistant
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording
medical history, and confirming the purpose of the visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary
physical tests; taking blood pressure, pulse, height, and
temperature; reporting patient history summary. Maintains patient
privacy and confidentiality at all times. Notifies providers of
pertinent patient information and follow-up.
- Assists assigned clinician with medical examinations and
clinical procedures including GYN exams, pap smears, suture
removal, dressing changes, etc.
- Performs Rapid HIV testing as needed, including pre and
post-test counseling as required.
- Performs venipuncture and lab processing including completing
requisitions and preparation for lab delivery. Perform basic
laboratory tests (HIV Rapids tests, finger-stick glucose,
hemoglobin, urine pregnancy test, rapid strep, u/a, GC/Chlamydia,
etc.). Reviews all lab work before it is sent out to labs,
organizing and maintaining existing lab forms, scanning and data
entry of lab results, etc.
- Administers non-controlled medications and injections,
including vaccinations as ordered.
- Performs quality assurance tests on CLIA waived laboratory
- Maintains and updates patient information in electronic medical
- Assists in organization of clinic exam rooms, including
cleaning and stocking supplies. Communicates inventory and
equipment needs to assigned staff.
- Assists in clinic management including keeping patient areas
clean and safe and works to effectively manage patient visit cycle
- Provides patient information and instructions.
$15-$17 per hour depending on education and experience.
Successful completion of the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam
offered by an appropriate accredited institute. Appropriate
institutes include the American Association of Medical Assistants
(AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), the
American Medical Technologists (AMT), the National Healthcareer
Association (NHA), and the American Registry of Medical Assistants
Prefer at least one year Medical Assistant experience and one year
serving HIV/AIDS population.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are
claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214
Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our
for more specific information.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
This is a time-limited position.
Health Assessment Required: