Thursday, August 05, 2021
Salary is $43,455.80. Compensation package is comprised of
many college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C8, Non-Exempt.
Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public
college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in
Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree
options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs.
Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a
commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and
ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate,
proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events,
and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an
ideal community to work and live.
The Plumbing Supervisor is an expert Plumber who leads,
motivates, monitors, and supervises a team of Plumbers to ensure
they produce quality work. This position also provides technical
guidance regarding the inspection, installation, maintenance,
modification and repair of all aspects of plumbing systems and
equipment for Santa Fe College and functions as a Plumber in
addition to providing supervision.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Direct Plumbing staff and contractors engaged in the
installation, inspection, maintenance, service and repair of all
plumbing systems including, but not limited to, valves, sinks,
faucets, drinking fountains, and all associated piping
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics, blueprints, and
various wiring diagrams.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the application and use of
testing equipment such as volt-ohm meter, ammeter, multi-meter,
data recording, etc, regulatory codes and
requirements, Florida plumbing codes and ADAAA requirements
related to plumbing, and booster pumps and fire sprinkler
- Ability to practice personal safety and vigilance in the
identification of safety or security hazards to actively support
and enforce a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Interpret and enforce college policies. Responsible for
supervisory duties including recommendation for hire/termination,
evaluation, coaching, and discipline.
- Supervise day-to-day operation of the Plumbing department;
verify employee timesheets for accuracy; approve and submit.
- Assist with the development and oversight of the Plumbing
- Provide hands-on supervision of maintenance and repairs; direct
and perform a variety of skilled plumbing tasks including the
testing and repair of backflows, troubleshooting malfunctions, as
well as developing a plan of action to resolve problems.
- Ensure roof and floor drains are cleared of debris and fully
operational at all times.
- Survey and document the College’s plumbing infrastructure and
plumbing utilities system.
- Oversee the use, care and operation of plumbing-related hand
tools and power equipment.
- Coordinate the procurement of parts and materials with the
Materials Specialist, in coordination with other trades and in
consultation with outside vendors.
- Respond to customer generated work requests; prioritize,
schedule, and assign work to staff; complete work order data in a
computerized work management tracking system.
- Ensure all tasks are complete adhering to Florida plumbing
codes and ADAAA requirements as well as other applicable codes and
- Plan and organize jobs; create material list and procure tools
for work order jobs and projects.
- Identify need for and develop preventive maintenance programs
for plumbing systems and equipment.
- Respond to emergencies in an appropriate and timely
- Participate in pre-construction plan reviews and
- Identify water conservation projects and assist in their
planning and implementation.
- Work with other department supervisors to coordinate tasks
requiring group effort.
- Practice proper work methods and techniques; comply with
applicable standards and specifications; enforce safety regulations
to ensure compliance in providing a safe environment for staff,
faculty, contractors, visitors, and students.
- Assist other trades as needed.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible, and professional engagement.
- Set up the rotation for on call and call back for the Plumbing
department. Participation is on a voluntary basis, with additional
compensation, and may be required, as outlined in the On
call/Callback department policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Facilities Maintenance Manager
Required: High School diploma or
equivalent and six (6) years of related commercial work
experience. Two (2) years of supervisory or leadership
experience or documented formal education of supervisor training.
Certification from a recognized Plumbing vocational or trade school
or a journeyman certificate of competency or higher. Backflow
preventer certification for repair & Backflow preventer
certification for testing.
Additional Requirements: Applicant must have a
valid Florida Driver’s License and be authorized to drive by the
Requirements). Ability to work on aerial lifts and elevated
work platforms of up to 65 feet. Ability to work in confined
or tight spaces. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate
change in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level
of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial,
high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in
selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining
a highly motivated workforce.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all
Application Process: All applicants must
complete and submit the SF Employment Application, an
up-to-date resume, high school diploma or equivalent, as well
as certifications (if applicable) through the job
portal to be considered for this position. Proof of
high school diploma or equivalent must be submitted to confirm
academic qualifications. Unofficial transcripts
are only accepted for review