Associate Director 1, Student Services
University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Associate Director for Clinical Services
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Associate Director for Clinical Services primary purpose of
this role is to provide oversight, vision, and leadership for
clinical services and operations of the University Counseling
Center. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing all data related to clinical services and utilizing
the data to help chart the directions of clinical services to best
serve the student population.
- Developing clinical policies and procedures for our two office
- Providing individual, couples, and crisis services to VCU
- Supervising 6 full-time direct reports.
Minimum Hiring Standards
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience and demonstrated leadership in
the provision of clinical services.
- A doctoral degree in clinical psychology or counseling
psychology from an APA accredited doctoral program or licensed as a
clinical social worker or in a related field.
- Successfully completed an APA accredited internship.
- Must be licensed in their current jurisdiction of practice and
must be license eligible in Virginia.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and
written, strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with brief psychotherapy and group
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of
professional practice, as well as an understanding of and
commitment to diversity issues in the delivery and
management of clinical services is also required.
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred qualities of the candidate include:
- Previous administrative experience in a counseling center.
- Professional experience analyzing clinical data.
- Ability to handle complex crises and/or clinical situations and
to provide supervision, training, and consultation to a large
multidisciplinary staff and faculty on an as needed
Required Licenses/ Certifications
The candidate must have a doctoral degree in clinical psychology,
counseling psychology, or licensed as a clinical social worker or
in a related field from an APA accredited doctoral program,
completed and APA accredited internship, and licensed in their
current jurisdiction of practice and must be license eligible in
Anticipated Hiring Range
$80,000 - $90,000
Application Process/Additional Information
MCV and Monroe Park Campus
Normal Work Days/Hours
M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application