Physical Therapist Assistant Program - Instructor (full time,
Reports To and Evaluated by
Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences
Must be PT or PTA with BS in PT or PTA and IL licensed. Minimum of
3 years clinical experience have excellent analytical,
interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, as well as
basic computer literacy. Ability to use computer assisted
technology to enhance teaching and learning.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Entry-level MPT, entry-level DPT, post-graduate advanced degree
work in PT or related field of study, and/or clinical specialist
certification. Academic preparation and teaching experience in all
levels of PT clinical practice and education. Experience working
with culturally diverse students. Bilingual skills. Also, applicant
search may focus on candidates with areas of clinical specialty
necessary to meet specific programs and curricular content
The PTA Instructor will teach designated PTA Program courses to a
diverse student population. Participate on faculty committees and
perform other duties related to teaching at a community college.
The Instructor must stay abreast of ongoing developments, trends,
and issues in instruction in the community college environment. The
responsibilities and duties of the Instructor may change as the
needs of the college arise, but will not conflict with the
Specific Job Duties
- To instruct students in the facts, skills and appreciations
pertaining to the assigned courses.
- To consider the needs of the students, and assist them by
seeking help from other college services.
- To distribute to all students a course syllabus that covers the
class requirements, grading procedure, attendance requirements, and
- To inform students of educational and occupational
- To assist the Dean and other administrators in development of
the curriculum, in the preparation of the outlines and selection of
- To submit midterm and final grade reports, deficiency notices,
attendance records and any other reports pertaining to the assigned
- To participate on faculty committees when indicated.
- To participate in academic advising when indicated.
- To stay abreast on ongoing developments, trends and issues in
physical therapy assistant program instruction at the community
- To develop an annual professional development plan.
- Participate in course and program assessment.
- Participate in accreditation for program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- * Are you licensure eligible as a PT/PTA?
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Specialized Certifications