Assists the Director of Contracts and Grants in the coordination of
the pre-award and post-award activities to ensure compliance with
policies and regulations. Serves as working manager for research
administration team for assigned college units.
- Supervises the award administration staff in Contracts and
Grants, to include setting goals, performance appraisals, and
- Oversees and reviews the proposal submission process to
external funding sources, and manages the process of cost center
and notice of award creation, including modifications.
- Manages departmental outreach, customer service efforts.
- Assists with the development and implementation of internal
operating procedures; coordinates the work activities of Contracts
and Grants and provides work direction as needed.
- Negotiates the terms and conditions of grant and sub-recipient
awards, and reviews contracts with the Research Contracts
- Oversees the review and approval of select grant-related
expenditure reallocation documents in compliance according to
federal, state and university policies and regulations.
- Assists with development, modification, and instruction of
research compliance training for faculty and staff.
- Assists with internal and external audits pertaining to the
activities of Contracts and Grants.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 1-5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.