Additional Posting Information
As a member of UH College of Medicine and in partnership with Nurse
Manger, this position will establish, build, maintain, provide
oversight and manage day to day operations in a new primary care
clinic utilizing the Direct Primary Care model. The clinic will be
located in Southwest Houston on the grounds of Memorial
**Bilingual English/Spanish required
Oversight and managing the day to day clinical operations within a
clinical department; including the supervision of staff employees,
student workers, programs or processes.
- Manages clinical department operations, front desk operation,
including medical records, insurance, and customer service, and
provides support to clinical faculty, and students. Works with 3rd
party Revenue Cycle Management and credentialing team and other
Departments to provide quality products and services to
- Plans and develops procedures for managing large or complex
clinical department or program.
- Participate in the management of fiscal activities, including
procurement and budget analysis for clinic operations.
- Prepares monthly, weekly, daily clinical schedules, abstracts,
reports, operations and procedure manuals, and other written
material and documentation.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates
- Ensures quality standards are maintained, including applicable
accreditations and compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Assist with implementation and management the departmental
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system, ensuring effective
policies and procedures are followed, ensures proper feedback and
communication between departments, as well as clinical faculty,
staff, and students. Point of contact for all EMR related questions
and issues within the department.
- Maintain information to support marketing and communications
activities, including but not limited to, clinic website, social
medica, patient surveys and referral reporting.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
*Education in lieu of experience and experience in lieu of
education will be considered.