Additional Posting Information
As a member of UH College of Medicine and i n partnership with
Clinic Operations Manager, this position will establish, build,
maintain and manage the back office clinical services in a new
primary care clinic utilizing the Direct Primary Care model. The
clinic will be located in Southwest Houston on the grounds of
**Bilingual English/Spanish required
Supervises and trains the medical support staff at the Clinic.
Oversees the proper maintenance and use of medical supplies and
equipment within the Clinic.
- Establishes medical support staff schedules, assigns duties,
and provides guidance and instructions on polices, practices and
- Triage patients and provide direct assistance to physicians and
providers; manage patient care (referrals, specialty care,
diagnostics, care coordination, etc.).
- Trains and guides support staff in continuous quality
improvement, emergency situations and execution of physician
- Orders and inventories medical supplies for clinic and
laboratory; facilitates repair of medical instruments; orders
supplies for patient use.
- Orders and obtains vaccines; oversees record-keeping and
administration of immunizations.
- Develops and implements Health Center policies and procedures,
including clinical partner referral process and patterns.
- Recruits, interviews and provides orientation to new support
- Assist with implementation and management the departmental
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system, ensuring effective
policies and procedures are followed, ensures proper feedback and
communication between departments, as well as clinical faculty,
staff, and students. Point of contact for all EMR related questions
and issues within the department.
- Collaborates with Medical Director and other directors/managers
to investigate and resolve grievances and complaints from patients
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
*Education in lieu of experience and experience in lieu of
education will be considered.