Assistant Director of Marketing
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My
Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your
resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching
philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading
before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please
ensure you have all necessary documents available before
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type
into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in
Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have
no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is
current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information
for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate
documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your
application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the
Office of Human Resources via email at
by calling 864-294-2217.
Assistant Director of Marketing
The Furman Paladin Assistant Director of Marketing will have the
opportunity develop and execute the strategic marketing plans and
promotional activities for the Furman Paladin Division-I athletic
programs. This position will focus on development of initiatives to
expand marketing, revenue, attendance, game atmosphere, social
media, student engagement, communication mediums, and branding.
This position will report directly to the Assistant Athletic
Director for Marketing & Fan Engagement.
- Create and execute comprehensive marketing plans for assigned
sports: Men's Soccer, Women's Basketball, Volleyball, &
- Assist with marketing and game day activations for football and
- Hire, develop and manage the sports marketing internship
- Assist in management of the Paladin Kids Club program
- Social media content management and creation
- Coordinate all aspects of game scripts, videoboard content,
music and fan engagement for assigned sports
- Assist in creative content development and graphic design for
social media, video board, email communication and other
- Develop and execute sponsor activations
- Grass-root marketing projects around Greenville and Furman
- Coordinate with cheerleaders, band, Victor mascot, dance team,
emcee, and DJ regarding game day & promotional activities
- Develop and implement plans to engage Furman student
- Assist in management of the Furman Paladins mobile app and
student rewards program
- Research and evaluate industry trends that will be effective in
enhancing the Furman game day atmosphere & attendance
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Masters degree preferred or Bachelor's degree with 2 years of
- Excellent graphic design skills, specifically in Adobe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Social media management experience preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects at same time and meet
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Able to lift over 20 pounds and have a good driving
- Creativity, critical thinking ability and self-starter
Bachelors (Required), Masters
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Assistant-Director-of-Marketing_R001263
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing
the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to
create a community of people representing a multiplicity of
identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief,
sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background,
ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of
employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.