University of Idaho
Nursery Production Associate
College of Natural Resources
$18.06 per hour or higher depending on
This position is responsible for assisting in the daily operation
of the Franklin H. Pitkin Forest Nursery including crop production
and seedling distribution. The employee will work with the nursery
manager to produce seedlings throughout the growing season and with
the sales and outreach associate to manage seedling sales and
inventory. The employee will oversee lifting and packing
operations, supervise the work of support personnel, actively
maintain nursery facilities and contribute to research and outreach
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of experience growing plants in a
production-oriented nursery operation.
- Experience operating and maintaining nursery equipment.
- Experience communicating effectively with the general public
and natural resources professionals.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources or horiculture.
- Experience with container seedling production.
- Experience in natural resources and/or horticulture
- Experience operating a fork lift and/or tractor.
- Demonstrated problems solving skills.
- Knowledge of native plants of the Inland Northwest.
- Experience using word processing software.
- Experience using spreadsheet software.
- Ability to lift and/or otherwise move 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under temperature extremes.
- Work may be conducted outside of typical (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Open Until Filled:
Priority will be given to applicants who submit their materials by
August 6th, 2021.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative