University of Idaho
Assistant Track Coach, Men's/Women's Track & Field (Sprints
$41,288 per year or higher commensurate with
The Assistant Men's and Women's Track & Field Coach is
responsible for assisting the Director of Track and Field with all
facets of conducting successful men's and women's track and field
programs. The position reports directly to the Director of Track
and Field. Duties include: coaching of events during practice and
competition for men's and women's programs, recruiting, and other
duties as assigned by the Director of Track and Field. This
individual must be knowledgeable of and in compliance with all
NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations, and must
display professional integrity.
The mission of Idaho Track & Field and Cross Country is to
create and foster a culture that thrives on excellence in
character, academics, and athletics, while focusing on the process
in a positive and collaborative environment. Team is a small,
intimate roster size. Facilities include: exclusive indoor throwing
room year-round, 300m indoor track in season, indoor football field
out-of-season, concourse with roll out mats out-of-season, and
dedicated outdoor track facility. Position involves travel, working
weekends, and working hours outside a normal work week.
Bachelor’s degree - A satisfactory driving record and ability to
operate University vehicles. Less than 9 points in driving record
within last 36 months - required to certify to drive University
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Must be able to pass the NCAA recruiting compliance test
- Successful coaching experience (sprints/jumps preferred).
- Ability to recruit top-quality student-athletes at the NCAA Div 1
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA and
conference rules and regulations.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and to learn and
- Coaching philosophy consistent and/or complementary to that of
the existing Director of Track and Field/Cross Country.
- Concern for the character, academic and athletic preparation of
- Experience recruiting national caliber track and field
- Ability to establish good rapport and effective working
relationships with student-athletes, department members,
administrators, university faculty and staff, professional
colleagues, and the general public.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move objects weighing up
to 50 pounds.
Open Until Filled:
Position will remain open until filled. Applicants who submit their
materials by August 5, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative