University of Idaho
$16.02 per hour or higher depending on experience
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, perform
semi-skilled duties in the operation, maintenance and repair of
buildings and related facilities and systems; perform related
Maintenance staff members are expected to demonstrate a personal
and professional commitment to providing excellent customer
- A consistent/regular schedule
- 11 Paid holidays, 12+ paid vacation days and 12 days of sick
leave per year
- Reduced-cost education opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with employer
- State of Idaho PERSI annuity retirement program
- Experience with semi-skilled maintenance and repair involving
carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance
- Experience using and maintaining tools and equipment normally
associated with carpentry, mechanics, plumbing and
- Experience with heating and cooling system maintenance and
- Experience with basic components and functions of electrical
systems, plumbing systems, heating ventilation systems, security
lock systems, and mechanical systems in residential type
- Experience/using calculations and analytics to measure, cut,
adjust and/or install items in the field.
- Experience working to improve customer satisfaction and
continuous quality service.
- Experience working as part of a team and cooperating with
- Experience using computer software and applications for word
processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience with reliability/dependability through work history,
school, business, or references.
- Experience working around students.
- Experience installing carpet, sheet vinyl, luxury vinyl plank,
and/or ceramic tile.
- Post secondary education and/or license in one or more of the
knowledge areas listed: plumbing, electrical or HVAC.
- Complete safety and compliance training and perform work in a
manner that complies with UI safety policies and procedures. Avoid
activity that create a serious hazard to themselves or
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to perform physical activities associated with building
and equipment maintenance such as lifting, carrying and/or
otherwise moving items weighing approximately 90 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, shovel, and climb and work from ladders;
work around wood dust and fumes.
Posting Number: SP002620P
Posting Date: 10/23/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
The next review date for applications will be August 9, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative