University of Idaho
Senior Graphic Designer Supervisor
University Communications &
$57,428 per year or higher depending on education
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Marketing and
Creative Services, the Senior Graphic Designer develops creative
concepts and visuals to promote the university and further its
brand positioning among various constituency groups. This position
is responsible for leading creative projects, supervising design
staff, and performing design work that requires the highest level
of creativity. The position collaborates effectively with members
of the University Communications and Marketing (UCM) team and other
members of the university community.
This position develops design solutions for web, collateral
material, and publications to support integrated communication
strategies. These efforts further the strategic goals of external
image and public relations, enrollment, fundraising, alumni
relations, and internal campus communications. The position is also
responsible for the evolution and continuous improvement of the
standards, operations, and best practices required to ensure the
university's creative services department consistently and
efficiently delivers solutions that are of the highest
- Experience demonstrating good knowledge of the design and
development capabilities of graphics design and electronic media
using current computer hardware and software.
- Experience managing graphics design projects.
- Experience and knowledge on supervisory practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 2 years’ experience in graphic design or related field
- 5 years of professional experience in strategic integrated
marketing communications; contributing design expertise to
successful integrated marketing and communications campaigns;
designing for content management system; with office software such
as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Expert graphic design skills, from
conceptualization to implementation, and good knowledge of design
fundamentals including layout and typography.
- Experience: working in higher education environment;
- Strong portfolio that includes innovative design solutions for
advertisements, publications, web pages, e-mail marketing, direct
mail pieces, and event materials.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills and
ability to provide constructive and insightful direction about
creative, strategic, and technical issues.
- Experience and knowledge of brand marketing, fund-raising and
enrollment communication; using adaptive design approach for web
and mobile devices.
- Ability to promote creative improvement and actively contribute
to a culture of innovation and accountability with a willingness to
learn new skills and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate designs into electronic
media by optimizing them for online delivery.
- A foundational understanding of html and css, including the
ability to create and update code for web pages and other
ORGANIZATIONAL and TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Established record of collaboration and good interpersonal and
communicational skills with diverse internal and external
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a
team-oriented publishing environment.
- One year supervision experience.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Proficiency in publishing software including, but not limited
to, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDe¬sign, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to prioritize assignments apply organizational skills
to effectively handle multiple, complex issues in a timely
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each
of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide
information in support of your application regarding the preferred
qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by August 8, 2021.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative