University of Idaho
Human Resources Specialist
$20.62 per hour or more depending on education
Under the supervision of the HR Director, the HR Specialist is
responsible for providing support to Human Resources efforts by
assisting customers (phone, e-mail, voice mail, and in-person);
applying Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs); reconciling
exception reports; maintaining accurate and timely data into the
Human Resource Information System (HRIS); training University staff
on HRIS Banner (HR Query Training, EPAF Training); assisting
Business Analysts in troubleshooting of Banner upgrades and
creating reports; researching and resolving simple and complex
problems on a daily basis; ensuring proper interface and
transmittal of data with the Employee Information System (EIS); and
providing support to assist with compliance and monitoring
employment authorization and tax treaties of international
employees. The HR Specialist will support the UI recruitment
process and other HR related duties. Duties include but are not
limited to conducting background checks; assisting in the
development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensuring
compliance with all applicable laws, policies and procedures and
funding source requirements; supporting the UI recruitment process;
researching problems; rules, policies and procedures and explaining
to staff and potential employees; responding to requests for
information; reviewing, developing, and maintaining accurate and
timely data, records, and correspondence; collecting, analyzing,
and compiling information; assisting with training on related
topics; maintaining and ensuring confidential environment at all
times; providing customer service; and performing related work
contributing to team efforts.
• High School diploma or GED. • At least two years of experience
working in Human Resources.
• At least three years of customer service experience.
• Experience mentoring, conducting training and making
presentations to small or large groups; demonstrated ability to
work collaboratively with other employees.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with individuals of
• Demonstrated experience developing, evaluating and recommending
program procedures, written training materials and manuals; and
providing technical program assistance to staff.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
as well as attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience in HR Banner module.
• Experience working in a higher education environment.
• Experience working in a payroll office setting and/or possess
strong bookkeeping skills.
• Experience working with international employment authorizations
and tax treaties.
• Knowledge of UI policies, procedures and practices, and
familiarity with UI departments and services.
• Experience reviewing documents for compliance with established
• Some knowledge of the Employee Information System of the Division
of Statewide Payroll in the Office of the Controller.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Open until filled with first consideration date of August 4, 2021.
Applicants must address each required and preferred qualification
in the letter of qualification and how they meet each one.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative