Service Support Specialist
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The Student Support Specialist is part of the front-line staff of
the Service Center Team, serving as an informational resource,
assisting in the campus response to emergencies, and performing
various other functions to assist the Willamette community and its
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are
not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in
any particular order of significance:
- This function/position has been designated as essential.
This means that when the University is faced with an institutional
emergency, the employee in such position may be required to remain
at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover,
and continue operations at Willamette.
- Acts as a member of the Service Center staff, providing the
highest quality service to staff, faculty, students, and guests.
Greets visitors, provides assistance and information as
appropriate, and handling of “walk in” requests. Engages in
extensive public and telephone contact.
- Models and supports an ethic of “highest quality” consumer
service. Ensures consumer satisfaction with the Service
- Performs work at the highest level of professionalism, ensuring
the success of the Service Center, University Services, and the
- Serves as a resource, answers questions, addresses and resolves
conflicts. Seeks successful resolution of conflicts which affect
the reputation and operation of the Service Center and Service
- Operates computerized identification card production system and
produces student and employee identification cards.
- Operates computerized card access software system and assists
with maintenance of the associated database.
- Assists with coordinating campus debit card issues, and
operates the campus card software.
- Responsible for accurate recordkeeping of computerized and
paper files in support of the card-access and ID card systems.
Seeks continuous process improvements for efficiency and
- Assesses and prioritizes calls. Determines conditions, time
frames that must be met to ensure effective service and safety, and
determines actions to be taken. Coordinates each call to the proper
source of assistance according to the specific call
- Manages all parking-related issues such as issuing parking
permits and tracking and billing parking citations and
- Dispatches routine and emergency radio calls to officers.
Researches and provides any information that may be required by
Campus Safety Officers in the performance of their
- Coordinates emergency and some routine maintenance issues with
the Facilities Maintenance Department.
- Manages lost and found property, including inventorying and
- Assists in training student workers that work in Student
Parking Enforcement and Student Dispatches.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relations with supervisor, coworkers, University employees, student
and the community.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of departmental and University
administration by exercising discretion in communicating
information to faculty, students and staff, and handling
- Performs other functions as assigned by the Service Center
- High school education or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
required. Proficiency with word processing and/or spreadsheet
software. Willingness to learn new applications and technology
related to the job.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible customer
service experience required, preferably in higher
- The ability to respond to emergency and stressful situations
calmly and effectively.
- Strong service orientation with excellent interpersonal and
communication skills; proven ability to interact with a wide
variety of constituency with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge or ability to learn the interdepartmental operational
procedures within the Services Center that include Campus Safety,
Scheduling, Events and Conferences and Facility Services to ensure
successful delivery of service within the Service
- Commitment to a high level of customer service and experience
in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude, professionalism,
service-centered philosophy, and teamwork.
- Strong attention to detail, able to multi-task and understand
the importance of timely follow-through.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be creative and take individual initiative and
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all
- Ability to operate radio communications equipment.
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated ability
to promote successful community relations with co-workers, the
campus community, and the public.
- This position is subject to a criminal conviction record
Typical Work Schedule
- Experience working with EMS Software, Datatel Software, CBORD
Software, Door access software systems, and service request
- Knowledge and understanding of dispatching procedures highly
Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm and other hours as necessary.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office
Applications will be reviewed as received on a rolling basis
until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of
your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Service-Support-Specialist_R0003697
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume