Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
Under the leadership of the Director of Admission Marketing and
Events, this position is responsible for coordinating a thriving
and innovative campus visit program for the College of Arts and
This position contributes to the development and implementation of
engaging individual and group visit scheduling, visit policies and
best practices, training of student staff for events and overnight
hosting duties. The visit coordinator actively coordinates with
other departments on specialty tours, meetings with admissions,
faculty, athletics and other staff members - helping to assure that
visitors have a memorable and lasting experience.
This position provides the first point of contact for campus visit
requests and, therefore, must excel in customer service and
troubleshooting. They must be able to adeptly and positively
communicate with and support a diverse population of constituents,
from college-aged students to members of university
This position will gather feedback from visit surveys and use other
data points to look for continued impact that our daily and group
visit programming have towards meeting the University's enrollment
As a member of the admission team, this role will also serve on
internal teams as a representative and voice for our visitors,
student hosts, and overall visit programming goals.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and
results-oriented with a passion for Willamette.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily Visit and Group Programs
Other Visit-related Support
- Creates and maintains visit templates in Slate CRM and ensures
visit registration information is clearly available online to
- Works collaboratively with the Visit & Events Team and
Internal Communications Team to ensure timely and visible promotion
of campus visit options is in place. Also ensures communication
tied to daily and group visit programming is accurate, clear, and
enhances the visit experience for our visitors
- Coordinates and executes program planning in response to visit
requests - customizing schedules for each prospective student,
group, or other college admission partners.
- Seeks out group visit opportunities that align with
Willamette's mission and the Office of Admission's enrollment
goals, in coordination with annual admission events to bring more
students to campus, and serve as an access partner to our local
- Reserves campus spaces as needed for group visits, special
programs, or other visit programming needs.
- Communicates with university offices for any special requests -
dining, presentations, student or faculty meetings.
- Respects the rights of others and promotes multicultural
understanding and consideration of individual needs as related to
visiting our campus.
- Contributes ideas and recommendations for the development and
implementation of admissions recruitment programs.
- Supervises, coaches, and mentors a team of current student
overnight hosts and Ambassador coordinators
- Trains, mentors, and coaches student staff, collaborating with
the Assistant Director of Admission Events to implement planning
meetings, lunch trainings, developing training materials, and
creates protocol for student staff that ensures: consistency,
professionalism, and inclusion.
- Possesses the ability to function competently under pressure
and effectively manages when issues arise. Ability to demonstrate
sound judgment making adjustments to programming
- Serves as main point of contact and representative of
Willamette in coordinating the annual Oregon Private Colleges Week
programming with the Oregon Alliance
- Primary manager of visit travel voucher program, including for
annual Access to Excellence event(s)
- Conducts pre- and post-visit/program evaluations and reports on
outcome; assesses visits' and programs' alignment with
institutional needs and proposes changes that move towards greater
alignment as needed.
- Continually evaluates visit/program data; identifies trends and
apprises assistant director of recommended course of
- Maintains expertise on best practices for collecting and
managing visit/program data
- Serves on internal Visit/Events Team, and provides support for
all admission event programming
- Plans, coordinates, and executes efficient and effective office
operations to ensure a pleasant, welcoming, and orderly office
environment. Proactively monitors and organizes office resources
- Internal team membership
- Safeguards the confidentiality of student, staff and university
information by exercising discretion
- Demonstrates the highest professional demeanor and ethical
behavior while representing the University.
- Admission staff members are expected to remain current in
external market conditions and identify best admission
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree OR in lieu of degree, a combination of
education, training, and additional experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential
functions of the position will be considered.
- A minimum of three years of job-related work experience, part
of which may be satisfied by education and training.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to
manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects and meet
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills with both individuals and
groups and ability to interact with a diversity of people both in
and out of University and at different levels of the
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Competency in use of technology. Strong knowledge of Microsoft
Office suite, and Google suite. Experience with data entry for
computerized information systems. Willingness and ability to learn
new technologies associated with the job.
- Ability to work accurately with many interruptions, and deal
with a variety of tasks under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a goal-oriented environment
- Must be able to work independently, showing initiative and a
high level of self-motivation. Must be willing to take on routine
tasks and also accept complete responsibility for
- Must have patience, integrity, and the ability to exercise good
judgment and diplomacy. Must maintain a high level of
- Models positive attitude, exemplary work ethic and
- Experience working with populations from diverse backgrounds
and the ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of
people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its
programs, personnel, and philosophy.
- Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of
Oregon or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a
driving record insurable by the University's insurer.
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule.
- Familiar with private, residential liberal arts
- Previous experience in a college admission office.
- Slate CRM experience.
Work is primarily performed indoors in a typical office
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received.
Position will remain open until it is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your
application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Visit-Coordinator_R0003681
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume