Full-Time Computer Technology/Cyber Security
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary
Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and
related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
This position will instruct students in different IT courses
offered in the Computer Technology and Networking certificate and
degree programs, help update labs, expand advisory committees, and
recruit and promote the programs.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to
teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or distance
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Computer Technology/Cyber
- Maintain workplace safety standards in accordance with industry
- Keep labs stocked and clean.
- Help to develop and integrate online content for the
web-enhanced learning environment.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning,
integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi,
outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records
Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the
students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per
week and participate in professional development activities,
department and college committees, commencement, and other
activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend,
summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
- Create and develop a Cyber Security degree and certificate
- Recruit for and promote the Computer Technology/Cyber Security
- Interface with industry representatives to facilitate
connecting students with career opportunities.
- Commitment to professional development, including regional or
- Openness to evolving needs, such as co-requisite teaching and
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position.
This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Associate’s (or higher) degree in a qualifying field
- Five (5) years of relate (non-teaching) work
- Must be able to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online-based
- Knowledge of the use of personal computers, including office
- Experience with the use of Learning Management Systems, such as
Blackboard, Pearson NCCERconnect, etc.
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
- Prior online teaching experience and online/distance education
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of
transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts
required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6752
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.