Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Salary is $28,620.80. Compensation package is comprised of many
college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C1
Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville,
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a
comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s
degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in
Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and
Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate
climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural
events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and
Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls
over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60%
of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
The Central Receiving Clerk assists with maintaining the Central
Receiving Warehouse and with the receipt, inventory and
distribution of supplies and equipment. The position also expedites
incoming and outgoing interoffice and U.S. Mail for Santa Fe
College’s Northwest Campus and all satellite facilities.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist in maintaining a clean, efficient, and effective
storeroom operation by following procedures to receive, unpack,
inventory, store (as necessary) account for and issue all shipments
of supplies and equipment.
- Receive, organize, and sort all incoming mail and other items,
including freight from delivery services, interoffice mail, for
distribution to all departments, faculty, administrative offices,
and other campus facilities. This includes assisting with unloading
- Receive and process packing lists for warehouse stock
- Directly deliver daily mail distribution and pick-up for
- Process out-going mail; operate standard or computerized mail
processing equipment and determine proper class and zone for U.S.
Postal Service mail to determine correct rate.
- Verify packing slip and received goods, reconcile to original
purchase order, and when there is a discrepancy, coordinate with
purchaser regarding acceptance of order.
- Assist with filling supply requests and inventory, stock, and
equipment at the NW Campus Custodial distribution/pool
- Assist with delivery and pick up of parts and equipment from
- Serve as an information resource for college personnel
regarding effective methods and requirements of mailing such as
comparable services, costs, and delivery time.
- Promote and adhere to all recognized safety practices and
- Assist other trades as needed.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Mailroom Supervisor
Required: High school diploma or
Preferred: Previous receiving experience.
Forklift certification or a safety training certificate.
Additional Requirements: Applicants must have a
valid Florida driver license and be authorized to drive for the
college. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job. Able to
effectively communicate information and ideas, speaking and writing
in terms understandable to others.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – Highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
- Results Orientation – Proven ability to set and exceed
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization & Time Management – Able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – Able to be flexible and supportive,
react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate
change in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – Able to personally provide high level
of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - Proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ethics – Able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
Application Process: All
applicants must complete and submit the SF Employment
Application through the job portal
and an up-to-date resume, to be considered for this position.
Proof of high school diploma or equivalent must be submitted prior
to an extension of employment. Unofficial transcripts
are only accepted for review