Part-time Public Safety Officer
Juniata College invites applicants for a Part-time Public Safety
Officer position. Qualified applicants will assure protection of
College assets and campus community as well as enforcement of
College policies and laws within the jurisdiction of Juniata
College. Days and hours vary from 16 to 32 hours per week.
Must be available to work second or third shift, weekends and
holidays, have a minimum of 1 year professional experience in
security or law enforcement, and be able to obtain Act 235
certification. Selected candidates must be highly motivated, with
strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to exercise
sound judgment and remain calm in difficult situations, a working
knowledge of computers, ability to complete detailed reports and
investigations, be physically able to fulfill duties associated
with the positions responsibilities. Must have a valid driver’s
license. Must understand the importance of working in a diverse
This position will report to the Director of Public Safety and to
the Patrol Supervisors.
See Position Qualifications
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, as required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete online application form and attach cover letter,
resume, and list of references.
Open Until Filled
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Government Employment Agency
- Private Employment Agency
- Employee (please explain in follow up question)
- Relative (please explain in follow up question)
- Advertisement - Source (please explain in follow up
- Other (please explain in follow up question)
- If you were referred by a person, advertisement or other,
please explain here:
(Open Ended Question)
- List of 3 References
- Cover Letter