Project Manager for Finance (Part Time)
District Office at Dawson Tech (3901 S. State)
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
, the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education.
This position is responsible for the coordination and completion of
finance projects and performs related duties as required. The
Project Manager-District Office (Finance) as an integral role in
federal grants management and has access to confidential
information, providing research information in support of
collective bargaining negotiations or agreements.
- Performs special project work as assigned by the CFO, Deputy
CFO and Treasurer.
- Develops and assists with implementation of industry and CCC
best practice policies, procedures and processes to help drive
efficiency within the District.
- Helps manage, monitor and produce spend reports on major grants
for which the Office of Finance is Principle Investigator.
Maintains appropriate grant documentation and records for audit
- Researches and prepares reports and statistical data as needed
by the manager. Researches confidential personnel files to obtain
- Conducts research to ensure compliance with various state,
federal and district policies and procedures regarding collective
- Participates in surveys and studies with other community
colleges, government agencies and the private sector to determine
- Prepares reports and recommendations to management to support
- Serves as a liaison to the internal and external auditors to
coordinate audit activities and assist managers in collecting and
documenting audit documentation. Serves as a member on technical
and non-technical procurement evaluation committees.
- Consults with district office departments and colleges to
identify staff training and organizational development needs.
- Develops database to support data requests and prepares
training outlines, manuals and related materials. Conducts training
at the colleges and district office for management and staff.
- Prepares written communication, correspondence, and reports, as
required by the assigned project.
- Reviews RFP and sealed bid documents for accuracy and clarity
prior to release to the public.
- Provides back-up assistance to the District Director of
Business and Procurement Services in his/her absence or as
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Accounting or related field supplemented by 3 or more years of
professional experience required. Consideration will be given to
candidates with an equivalent combination of training and
- Working knowledge of Education and Government for a financial
and operational perspective. Working knowledge of industry and CCC
best practices to help drive change, as well as knowledge and
experience in Accounting, Operations and IT.
- Good knowledge of personnel practices. Good knowledge of
effective writing techniques. Good knowledge of research
- Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the
organization, including internal and external customers. Must be
able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and
diplomacy. Must possess a high level of confidentiality.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills,
problem solving skills, flexibility, multitasking and being able to
take initiative with very little guidance and management
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel,
- Must be self-directed and innovative, and able to assess
current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.