SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $4,693.00/month and
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes
medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b),
dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance,
vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and
tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the
Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay
shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an
ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the
many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in
Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a
significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is
one of 23 universities of the California State University system
(CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay
is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented
university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student
success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is a full-time support position for online/hybrid
faculty members as well as faculty using the LMS or any learning
platforms or needing curriculum support. CSUEB Online Campus is
responsible for supporting all Online/Hybrid courses/programs. This
position is also responsible for teaching and learning support of
all users on campus when necessary, supporting quality assurance
efforts for online and hybrid courses, and helping faculty to
redesign online/hybrid courses. Finally, this position will provide
project support for the department of the Online Campus.
Work with college(s) / program(s) and faculty members to plan,
assist, and conduct course-level curriculum review, development,
redesign, enhancement, and online faculty curriculum and user
support. Participate in campus-wide initiatives as assigned.
- Plan meetings with faculty members on assigned online/hybrid
- Track course-level curriculum development, redesign, and
implementation milestones for each assigned course.
- Work with college/program/faculty members to provide
recommendations for curriculum design and quality programs (QOLT or
QM) related topics.
- Work with assigned faculty members to prepare the assigned
courses by the end of each course project cycle.
- Work with assigned faculty members and provide proactive
optional technical review 30 days prior to courses offering to
ensure course readiness, accessibility, usability, and compliance
to college/institution/federal/accreditation requirement.
- Provide suggestions for curriculum and instructional
development process, technical review process to the office.
- Work with assigned faculty members to prepare courses ready for
regular quality assessment program or certification.
- Provide online faculty members with curriculum design support
assistance during extended support hours when needed.
- Assure accessibility of course-work and support, including
making content accessible.
- Act as Online Campus representative to the campus Affordable
Learning Solution Senate Subcommittee, Accessibility Technology
Initiative or other committee(s) as assigned.
- Provide support to campus wide strategic initiatives (Open
Education Resources/AB 789, Measuring institutional learning
outcomes, Accessible Technology Initiative, etc.).
- Represent Online Campus and participate in regular Chancellor’s
Office institives calls or projects. (AL$,QA, SQUIR, ID-CIG, AR-VR,
- Create and manage Affordable Learning Solutions grant budget
for our campus.
- Lead, create and analyze student success data biannually to
create and revise student success and graduation modules.
- Facilitate both online and/or face-to-face QM trainings to
- Assist the Chancellor’s Office APPQMR or IYOC workshop
- Provide training workshops to faculty about how to use adaptive
learning softwares (e.g. Smart Sparrow & Softchalk).
- Deliver specialized department trainings/workshops based on
campus community needs.
- Create and maintain GI 2025 system courses and manually enroll
all admitted students each year.
- Develop and design adaptive learning modules using Smart
Sparrow and/or SoftChalk software.
- Redesign and create training materials for the Internship
Coordinator and other departments on campus using adaptive learning
- Ensure course templates are up to date and reflect Online
Campus best practices.
Project management/development. Provide hands-on services, work
with other team members to convert content and place content to
appropriate learning platforms as directed by the faculty members,
college/program chairs, and director of the Online Campus.
- Work with assigned faculty members and conduct hands-on support
to convert content for faculty members with their permission.
- Work with college/program/faculty members and place approved
course configuration or alternative content format in an
appropriate learning platform.
- Develop materials for artificial intelligence software for
pilot project (e.g. Cognii).
- Coordinate, promote and train faculty about the the use of
Ultra courses so that they have up to date information about the
impending platform migration.
- Coordinate with third party vendors to plan and/or design
- Research, develop grant/presentation proposal and project
management for special funding pilot programs.
- Create and submit award applications to various innovative
- Create and deliver educational presentations at Online Learning
related conferences nationwide (e.g. UPCEA, NODA, QM).
- Continue to contribute to current research in the field and
publish articles when appropriate papers.
- Provide support and coordinate pilot to Provost Office in
implementing campus wide digital badging.
- Coordinate and support vendor events hosted at CSUEB to support
faculty innovation needs.
- Coordinate and support vendor communication.
Coordinate student assistants and collaborate with necessary
campus team members to get the course ready by the end of each
course project cycle.
- Coordinate student assistants as necessary.
- Work with assigned faculty members and inform campus team
members regarding any updates of assigned courses and necessary
technical support issues in a timely manner.
Learning Management backup system and user support, and
additional tasks assigned by the Sr. Director of the Online
- Provide Blackboard system admin support by answering tickets
and maintaining help services, when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Dir. of the Online Campus.
Examples might include but not limited to: some part of the online
end of course operation, some part of the eDossiers operation,
online outcome assessment etc.
- Equivalent to one year of experience related to online
- Equivalent to two years of working experiences using learning
management system(s) (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle) and other
- Broad knowledge of online course curriculum design and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with staff and faculty members.
- Working knowledge of Quality of Online Learning & Teaching
instrument, Quality Matters program, and other related course
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Possess good computer/Internet applications skills (email, word
processing, Internet tools/applications, Web 2.0 tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communication, or related field
and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience
involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the
development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures,
practices, or programs.
- Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable
administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge
of public administration principles, practices, and methods.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction, educational
technology, or equivalent.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including
LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to:
criminal records check, verification of academic credentials,
licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references
and/or verification of work history is required for
employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer
of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if
the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it
is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified
information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued
employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were
conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third
party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the
University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not
discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age,
ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration
status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to
the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a
stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State
East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information,
please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus
security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of
Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East
Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated
reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit www.csueastbay.edu/jobs and
under New Employment Site, please click on Faculty, Staff and
Management Employment Opportunities.