Adjunct Instructor, Electrical & Electronic Automated
POSITION TITLE: ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Electrical/Electronic Automated
STATUS:t Part time
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Refer to current adjunct faculty contract
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its faculty.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for
one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is
qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the
appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Department Chair;
provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The
instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and
following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other
campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit
preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all
terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Course load of no more than 12 contact hours in appropriate
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards,
attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials,
and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively
communicate with appropriate staff and chair.
5. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA,
ADA, and other regulatory legislations.
6. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
7. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the
college at all times.
8. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet
Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
9. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective
working relationships with other members of the college and
community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional
1. Bachelor’s degree in the field and/or a combination of
education, training and tested experience.
2. Three (3) years of work experience with industrial automated
3. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
1. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
2. Experience at the community college level. Experience with
traditional and non-traditional students from diverse
3. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management
4. Experience in course development and assessment, planning,
quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
5. English and Spanish verbal and written communication
6. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Standard classroom equipment and software.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
28 For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.