Testing Center Assistant (Part-time)
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Testing Center Assistant
Receive, inventory, secure, and proctor exams. Assist supervisor,
student assistants and other clerks to ensure daily testing center
functions run smoothly while helping students, faculty, staff and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as proctor for a variety of testing activities:
Correspondence, CLEP, TSI, Assessment, Instructional and other
tests, advising students on these tests. May be required to oversee
and coordinate the administration, security, scheduling and
follow-up documentation of all facets of Test Administration.
- Assist students in a courteous and professional manner to ease
their anxiety. Conduct all test-taking activities in
nondiscriminatory manner (in accordance with local laws and
regulations) to ensure that all students receive equal
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties and tasks according
to the established practices and procedures with minimal
supervision within the assigned timeframe, while maintaining a
professional attitude at all times.
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding types of tests offered,
hours of Testing Center operations, and fees/requirements of
special test administration.
- Maintain integrity of testing room by creating an optimum
atmosphere that is secure and free of distractions. Provide close
student monitoring at all times during testing to ensure integrity
- Assist faculty with the intake and grading of instructional
tests utilizing the color-coded filing system in place. Sort and
file information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support ACCESS department by providing student tests as
required by the student's appointment date and time.
- Provide clerical and computer support in the Testing Center
which includes data entry, assist with sign-in procedures and
- Work varied hours to include days, evenings and Saturdays and
flexible to work at various campuses to cover shortages.
- Maintain professional work environment, to include the proper
placement of personal items, and leaving the center organized and
prepared for the next shift.
- Serve as proctor for a variety of testing activities (evenings
and Saturdays) including entrance assessment testing, Developmental
Education Exit exams, telecourse exams, etc. Input scores into
college database when appropriate.
- Ensure fee is paid (if required), return test to testing source
and complete documentation.
- Train new clerks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma/GED and one (1) year of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of computers and data entry
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures, and operations
- Knowledge of prescribed testing conditions and testing
- Knowledge of various policies for receiving and sending exams
within the college and between institutions
- Knowledge of computer program used to impute testing
- Knowledge of changing policies and procedures for National,
State, and Collin exams
- Customer Service and professional courtesy skills
- Verbal and written skills
- Filing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- General office skills
- Basic office skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to articulate testing requirements
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions precisely
- Ability to maintain constant vigilance and detect any sign of
- Ability to use various office technology and equipment
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to
10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the
Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the
job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include
talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and
repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions
or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.85 - 13.86
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or