International Student Advisor and Compliance Specialist
Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $41,200-$51,500.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Full Time Professional Staff
The International Student Advisor and Compliance Specialist will
validate international students through SEVIS while maintaining
compliance. This position also manages all current international
students’ statuses throughout their time at MSU Denver and monitors
their visa status. They will also be a point of contact for
advising services if there are questions around the student’s
program of study and maintenance of status.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity
50% nonimmigrant advising and reporting
- Serves as the designated school official ( DSO ), maintaining
the student and exchange visitor information system ( SEVIS ) and
all related certification requirements.
- Organizes SEVIS data processing under the guidelines provided
by the department of homeland security ( DHS ) and maintains data
and quality control management.
- Establishes, updates, and tracks SEVIS files quarterly.
- Provides accurate immigration information to international
students, monitors, and tracks student immigration status, and
maintains appropriate files.
- Advises students on complex immigration requirements, options,
benefits, petitions, and applications and provides students with
appropriate documentation and authorizations to include processing
reduced course load authorizations, change of status, medical
leave, and economic hardship employment authorization.
- Functions as liaison with transfer institutions; refers
students to appropriate college, community, and university contacts
to assist with the transfer process.
- Serves as a resource for requirements and regulatory changes
and updates to international student laws and procedures.
- Monitors the academic progress of international students and
report this information to DHS regularly.
40% international student support and retention
- Provides active case management to an assigned caseload of
students. Counsel students or make appropriate references to
available support services for various personal, social, academic,
cultural, financial, tax-related, and other issues that may impact
- Works with international students on academic probation and
suspension to develop an improvement plan; monitors progress and
identifies specific areas for tutoring assistance.
- Serves as a student advocate in matters related to grievances,
grading issues, tuition appeals, and special financial
- Assists students with registration, payments and college
policies and procedures.
10% customer service
- Must be professional, respectful, and maintain a high level of
customer service at all times.
- Support other individuals on the records and registration team
and the registrar’s office, including student employees. This
requires assisting with inquiries at the front counter and
responding to emails promptly.
- Eager to cross-train and collaborate with others
- Willing to work under pressure and handle difficult situations
in a professional manner.
- Experience working with immigration laws, processes, and
procedures in a professional setting
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and experience
serving as a PDSO or DSO
- Experience at an institution of higher education
- Experience working with students/serving students
- U.S. Citizenship or lawful permanent residence of the United
States, as required by Homeland Security, and experience serving as
a PDSO or DSO
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with data and establishing data
- Bilingual in Vietnamese and English
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and