2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Mail/Receiving Clerk
Ensure postal services are completed timely and accurately
throughout the entire District. Receive and process all incoming
and outgoing mail for all campuses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up and deliver mail to and from the local Post Office.
Sort incoming mail and inter-office mail according to location and
division. Prepare outgoing inter-office mail for pickup-up and
distribution to other campuses by the mail courier.
- Meter outgoing mail, record postage expense by cost center.
Maintain declining postage meter balance and advise appropriate
personnel when necessary to assure adequate balance.
- Perform routine maintenance on mailroom equipment and monitor
postage equipment to ensure accurate reading or call for service if
- Maintain mailroom supplies to ensure adequate supply is
maintained for employees at all times.
- Drive company vehicle (light truck) as necessary.
- Perform diversified receiving and delivery functions in support
of the receiving department. Sign for merchandise received, record
transfer and delivery transactions and maintain accurate records
and reports. Check materials received for correct quantity,
description, specification and condition.
- Prepare surplus property for public auction. Run property
auctions and field questions in relation to removal of surplus
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according
to established practices and procedures with minimal supervision
within assigned time frame.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma and one (1) year of related experience
Valid Texas Driver's License required.*
*Individuals hired for this position may be required to drive a
company vehicle. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) Report will be run in
conjunction with the background check during the contingent offer
stage and annually/bi-annually for the duration of employment at
Collin College. Candidates who fail the original background/MVR
report or subsequent MVR reports may not be hired and/or terminated
based on the results of the report.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of USPS postal regulations.
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance requirements
- Knowledge of surplus property disposal
- Inventory control skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and data entry skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism and keep calm when faced
with difficult situations
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Ability to construct spreadsheets for monthly reporting
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to
20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and
lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions
or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $28,807.00 - 33,128.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or