3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Contract Administrator
Serve as the primary point of contact with internal and external
parties in all facets of contract management, contract compliance
and contract-related matters; provide administration of the Collin
County Community College District’s procurement contracts,
district-wide agreements and associated activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and revise contracts that involve the purchase,
lease/rental or sale of goods and services. Ensure contracts are
executed in accordance with legal requirements, college policies,
procedures, and statutory regulations, seeking advice from legal
experts and/or counsel when appropriate.
- Monitor and update contract management system to include, but
not limited to contract listing, executed contracts, backup
documentation and reports.
- Analyze and mitigate risk associated with contract verbiage and
requirements. Develop and maintain a set of standard contracts for
the college using appropriate contractual verbiage.
- Analyze requirements and provisions in contracts, including
terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, board policies and administrative procedures. Provide
alternatives to existing contract details and provisions, as
- Track spending trends and provide a formal annual review of
multi-year contracts through monitoring of milestones,
deliverables, invoicing, etc.
- Lead contract negotiations and manage contract change
management including statement of work reviews, tracking contract
amendments, monitoring unauthorized contract changes and
maintaining correspondence control. Manage contracts throughout the
entire contract lifecycle, to include, but not limited to change
orders, contract extensions, renewals, close-out and
- Conduct analysis of new laws, regulations and contract trends
to determine potential impact on the college. Remain current on
legal, regulatory and industry changes that affect contracts and
revise existing and future contracts to remain compliant.
- Create and present training to contract owners annually as part
of the annual Purchasing policies and procedures training.
- Ensure reporting requirements of the Legislative Budget Board
(LBB) are met by uploading contract information into the LBB’s
- Assist vendors in understanding how to conduct business with
the District. Provide vendors with requested information or
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintains all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and at
least four (4) years purchasing experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
CTCM, CPPB or CPPO or equivalent certification preferred.
An associate degree and two (2) additional years of relevant work
experience OR an additional four (4) years of relevant work
experience may be substituted to meet the minimum education
A higher-level degree than what is required for the job may be
substituted for no more than one (1) year of the required work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of legal principles, contract law and procurement
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and document management
- Skilled at negotiating, writing, managing, administering and
interpreting contract documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent persuasion, negotiate
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain contract terms for
- Ability to conduct financial analysis of purchases and contract
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Ability to manage several projects at one time
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from
unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment.
Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or