Assistant Director Student Engagement
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Assistant Director Student
This position will be responsible for planning, directing, and
evaluating a broad spectrum of campus engagement activities along
with new student and leadership programming. In addition the
position will coordinate with other campus counterparts to ensure
consistent engagement and programming throughout the District. The
position will operate under the direction of the Associate Dean of
Student and Enrollment Services for their campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, promote, implement and evaluate innovative
student engagement programming on their campus and across the
- Supervise the daily operation and staff on their campus
including student ID card production, office coverage, and assist
in the interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating
of office personnel.
- Coordinate with campus Associate Dean of Student &
Enrollment Services on contract negotiations with external/internal
agencies and individuals for speakers, entertainment, cultural,
educational, civic and leadership programming.
- Process and maintain detailed records of all campus based
student organization paperwork, annual registrations, and attend
campus based activities.
- Coordinate with other campus assistant directors on the
development of all student LEAD programming and initiatives.
- Coordinate with the planning and implementation of new student
and First Year Experience programming designed to attract and
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate campus based student
orientation leaders and College Ambassadors.
- Work with campus Associate Dean of Student & Enrollment
Services on review, development and management of campus and SAFAC
- Assist in the coordination and development of new student
orientation and First-Year experience.
- Create effective marketing strategies for campus and District
programming and events (i.e. Rock-the-Vote, Community College Day
at Capitol, etc.).
- Provide functional support, management, and logistics for
campus and District programming and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Perform all duties and
maintains all standards in accordance with college policies,
procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and
three (3) years experience in campus programming, student
organizations, student and enrollment services, campus residency,
or related Higher Education areas.
One (1) year minimum supervisory experience required.
Master’s degree from regionally accredited institution in student
Valid Driver's License required*.
*Individuals hired for this position may be required to drive a
company vehicle. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) Report will be run in
conjunction with the background check during the contingent offer
stage and annually/bi-annually for the duration of employment at
Collin College. Candidates who fail the original background/MVR
report or subsequent MVR reports may not be hired and/or terminated
based on the results of the report.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of Collin Board policies, Student Engagement
procedures, Student Code of Conduct and public relations
- Knowledge of campus and District resources.
- Knowledge of SAFAC funding.
- Knowledge of OrgSync and student organization procedures.
- Conflict management skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Mentoring skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Budgetary skills.
- Knowledge of cutting edge trends in student engagement.
- High level of creativity and adaptability in a dynamic
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Work with all levels of faculty/staff/administrators
- Coordinate and delegate responsibilities.
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to
10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the
Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the
job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include
talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and
repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions
or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or