Assistant Coach, Tennis
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Assistant Coach, Tennis
Support and assist all aspects of Collin College's athletics
programs including men's and women's basketball and tennis. Provide
information and evaluations regarding recruits, roster development,
and game personnel to ensure optimal playing conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as instructor of the primary conditioning coach for
student athletes. Develop and maintain an effective program of
physical conditioning designed to develop strength and
- Encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental
skills necessary for the student athletes to be successful in the
classroom, on the field, and in future endeavors.
- Provide guidance, monitor class attendance, and oversee the
academic success of student athletes. Notify the associate dean and
athletic director of any student athlete issues.
- Work with Admissions and Financial Aid to expedite the
registration, admission, and other administrative processing of all
- Secure support staff including security, officials, and
concession workers for all home games.
- Develop line-ups, game strategies, and instruct individual
work-out and practice needs for various student athletes.
- Serve as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting
ethical and professional conduct at all times.
- Monitor sportsmanship and conduct of student athletes on and
- Provide oversight of athletes residing in housing designated
for student athletes.
- Develop and maintain a system to identify potential recruits
and to work closely with area high school coaches and parents to
recruit quality student athletes to Collin College.
- Provide transportation for Collin College athletes as
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with NJCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of
higher education in Physical Education, Kinesiology or related
field and two (2) years playing college or professional sports or
two (2) years of high school or college coaching experience
required. Master degree preferred.
Valid Texas Driver's License* and insurability with the College's
Current First-aid and CPR certification.
*Individuals hired for this position may be required to drive a
company vehicle. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) Report will be run in
conjunction with the background check during the contingent offer
stage and annually/bi-annually for the duration of employment at
Collin College. Candidates who fail the original background/MVR
report or subsequent MVR reports may not be hired and/or terminated
based on the results of the report.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of College or professional sports
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of admissions and financial aid policies and
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Coaching and mentoring and skills
- Ability to evaluate physical performance related to the various
Collin College athletic programs
- Ability to teach in a role as a support individual within a
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to
encourage both successful academic development and competitive
- Ability to demonstrate sport techniques
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to
50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and
lifting. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions
and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $18.53 - 18.53
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or