2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experiencedAdmissions/Records
Provide one-on-one customer service to current and prospective
students by answering the Admissions/Registrar telephones,
processing the Admissions/Registrar generic email account,
determining and processing residency for new and current students,
and processing a variety of documents for student records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students with non-credit and credit registration by
entering biographical/demographic information and course requests
into Banner and by issuing Personal Identification Numbers (PINs)
so that students may register via Collin's automated registration
- Process requests for student information, including enrollment
verifications and transcripts (traditional and electronic),
ensuring compliance with privacy laws. Receive and process
transcripts from colleges, universities and high schools for the
- Process admissions applications for credit students, including
accurately determining and documenting residency, TSI status, and
prerequisite levels. Issue ad valorem, employee and contract
training waivers and senior scholarships. May code and proof
applications to ensure compliance with state guidelines. Review
residency documentation to accurately determine students'
eligibility for in-state tuition according to state guidelines and
process accordingly. Accurately document master record changes. May
make residency code changes.
- Respond to calls to solve registration problems. Respond to
customer inquiries in person, over the telephone and via internet,
in a friendly and professional manner. Prepare and process
correspondence to students via US Mail and campus e-mail. Perform
essential job functions accurately while under time pressure and
deadlines in an environment in which policies and procedures change
- Monitor usage of ARO forms to ensure that supplies are not
depleted. Coordinate ordering of all internally provided forms.
Coordinate transfer of files for retention, archival, and/or
destruction. May be responsible for ordering of supplies and
maintenance of ARO storeroom.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records (in compliance with
the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Maintain an adequate supply of college materials, and ensure
that student records are maintained in a professional and secure
- Maintain the Admissions and Records Office files in a
professional manner to ensure accuracy and easy retrieval for daily
operations and annual internal and external audits. Secure office,
including files, upon closing each day. Insure removal of discarded
student records to pulping bin each night at designated campuses,
may provide cashiering services by accepting payments for tuition
- Maintain current knowledge of services available at all
district sites in order to make appropriate and timely
- Accept grade rosters from faculty ensuring compliance with
district-wide policies and procedures for submitting grades or CEU
hours. Assist faculty with questions related to on-line grading
- Provide general advising for credit and non-credit classes,
using the college catalog and schedule of classes. Refer students
to appropriate college departments for in-depth advising.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High school diploma or GED required and one (1) year of related
experience. Associate degree preferred.
An associate degree from a regionally accredited institution may be
used to meet the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of registration process including admissions,
registration, testing, advising, records and residency
- Knowledge of College's automated registration systems
- Knowledge of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
- Knowledge of services available at all district sites
- Customer services skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to accurately determine and document residency, TSI
status and prerequisite levels
- Ability to proof and code applications
- Ability to resolve registration problems
- Ability to communicate with students in person and via email
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records
- Ability to process admissions applications
- Ability to accurately maintain files
- Ability to make appropriate and timely referrals
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to process documents in a timely manner
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Ability to quickly switch from one duty to another
- Ability to provide accurate information to customers
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from
unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment.
Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $30,535.00 - 35,115.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or